Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

My mom is very controlling and treats me like I am nothing and I want to become emancipated but I am only 15 and I do not even know if I can when I am 16. But she is mean to me she puts me down and I am never allowed out of my house unless I am with her. And I watch my sisters kids when ever I am not in school, but she tells everyone else I do nothing all day and all she does is sit and watch Tv. Is there anything I can do ?

Re: Help

Thanks for contacting us. We’re sorry to hear that your mom treats you the way she does. Obviously, no one deserves to be treated badly especially by their parents. Have you ever told anyone about the way she acts towards you? Teachers, counselors, relatives? If so, what did they say? It’s important to have people supporting you, especially in situations like this.

Is there anything that you think would help if you have to live at home? Maybe possible ways that you could cope with having to deal with your mom?

The thing with emancipation is that not every state has emancipation laws and in the ones that do it’s not always an easy thing to obtain. Generally, you have to be at least 16 and show that you can support yourself financially, among other possible requirements. The best place to find out the specific information for your county is to contact the county courthouse. This is something we’d be able to help you with if you were to call us here.

Even if you just need someone to talk to, we’re here for that. We can help talk to you about other possible options and help you come up with a safe plan of action. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and someone is here 24/7. Call anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X