Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run away

Hello.. I am thinking of running away from my family, i have one place i think would b ok, by my scool theres these trees that are really thick. My mom is really mean to me, she hasnt hit me but yells at me everyday. She crushes my dreams and stabs my heart with her mean words. she swears at me whenever i do something wrong and she wants me to be just like her. She gives me no freedom, won't even let me walk to my neightbors house. She doesnt let me go to my friends house or invite a friemd over. She yells at me for things like spillng water or crying when she yells at me. My dad would just stand there and wont do anything, amd sometimes he would yell at me for crying too. My incle who lives with me tries his best to comfort me, and hes lik the only one i like in my family. My little brother hits me and beats me up even though hes younger. He would bully me and tell lies to my parents, making them yell at me even more, and when i cry he laighs at me. But if i run away, i still want to go to scool, since ill be camping out near it anyway. Ill bring clothes and some food, i dont eat a lot im 12 and very small. if u saw me, ud think i was a kindergartener, no kidding. I dont drink a lot of water either, but ill bring water of course. I'll bring my sleeping bag and an extra blanket and maybe an umbrella. and my backpack for school. If i need to take a shower or somehong i have a trusted bff that i talked about with her and she said when i run away i can come to her house. Idk what they would do of i ran away, im thinking call the police. the thing is, if i go to scool then they will find me. and i love scool cuz i get to see my friends, my real family. Sometimes, i want to die, im crying right now as im typing this bcuz my mom yelled at me for "not eating my gummy bear vitamins" but thats bcuz my bro put them in fish sauce and their all stinky and smushy! I pray every night for god to take me out of my misery, but he never answers. Scool is the only place in the WORLD where i feel happy. Please give me advice.

Re: i want to run away

Hello,

Thank you for messaging us on the bulletin boards. Sounds like you're going through a very intense time and the communication between you and your parents isn't very healthy if everyone is yelling at you.

Would you say that communication is one of the main issues between you and your parents? Does anyone else know how they treat you? Teachers? Counselors? Sometimes having people on your side is a good way to start dealing with issues. That way you have someone that understand you and can advocate for you.

What would happen if you or someone you know that wanted to help you appriached your parents with your concerns? You wouldn't have to do it alone and maybe that could open up some doors for communication.

If you'd like, that's something that we could do here. If you wanted to do a conference call that was on your terms, we could call your mom (if you wanted) and talk about some of the things that are going on at home.

If you feel like there are other options that you wanted to explore we could talk about them on our hotline at 1800RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're anonymous, confidential and available 24/7.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X