Im a mother whos treated like a child

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a mother whos treated like a child

Im 19 years old and have a 7month old daughter who is my world, my soul, my heart my everything. Life before my daughter was very dull, i wasnt allowed do anything, wasnt allowed out atall, literally everyday what i done was wake up , go to school come home watch tv and sleep. I wasnt allowed out with my friends even during the day.
    I ran away from home when i was 4months pregnant because i was affraid of what would happen if my family found out, but they begged my to come back home so i did. Then when i was 7months pregnent i was sent to stay with my sister in a different town until i had my baby, after i had her she nearly died, doctors said she was lucky to live, so after for weeks in hospital with my daughter with barely no sleep i promised my daughter i wouldn'd go back home, that id never want her to live the life i lived, so finally i stood up to my mom and told her i wasnt goin back home, she said that she would never talk to me or my sister again and that we dont exist to her anymore. The next day she came to my sisters appartment with my other 2sisters and begged me to come home, they practically forced my outa the place, i gave them conditions that i want to be allowed out with my friends, and i dont want to be locked up in the house all day, and i want to be able to come visit my sister and stay with her every now and then, they agreed and promised me that they'd let me do all that...........but the secnd i got home things went back to the way it was, 5months on and its still the same....now iv decided that i want to go back to school, study my ass off and do medicine. But the thing is it costs over 20000a year to do that and i knw my family cant afford it. I want to get social welfare and save some of it up so atleas i'll have something to put towards it, but my parents would kill me if i got it (i dont know why) i dont want it just to scam of the country, its to put toward my future and my daughters future. The social welfare people are comming to my house next week to talk about me getting it and im scared about whats going to happen when my parents find out. I dont know what to do. I need words of encourgment please....i need someone to tell me to stand up for myself..something i know should do but dont know how to... i need help please

Re: Im a mother whos treated like a child

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your story.

Sounds like your situation has been very tough and you good plan on what to do next. Seems like your choices are the right ones for you and your daughter. How do you think your family would react if you were to recive financial aid for school? What do you mean by "my parents would kill me"? Do your parents know that the people from Social Welfare are visiting the home?

You seems ot have everything under control but the people around you are not being as supportive as you'd like them to be.

We're not really set up to give advice but as far as we can see, you're on the right path. Would it be helpful to sit down with your family and ask them how they plan on being there for you? Maybe that'll help.

If you are able and willing, give us a call at 1800RUNAWAY 24hrs a day. We can talk a little more in-depth about your situation.

Best of luck,
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

No they dont know the social welfare people are comming, im scared to tell them because of their reaction. Im from a muslim family so they think in a completly different way. The wont even let me go visit my sister anymore, its been 4month since i seen her last, and shes the one whos been with me the whole time my daughter was in hospital, shes been there with me when my daughter had her operations and now i cant even see her, thats how controlling my parents are

Comment

You're right. Sounds like it might be difficult to see this through if you are still at home.

Do you think it's possible to meet with the social welfare people outside of your home? Could you at least be let out for a bit?

What do you think it would take for your parents to trust that you are trying to do the best for yourself? Could you somehow ask what you can do for them in order for you to have the possibilities you want and deserve?

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X