Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi im a 15 girl living with my aunt till oct 12 and im really stress out cause im not aloud to eat unless i ask she doesnt cook dinner at all and i get really hungry at nite and when i try to ask she sleeping its really annoying and my mom left a check for me to have money but my aunt never cash it my sister is 18 and she get to do anything and everyone in a relationship while im left out i wanna feel love and my dcf worker is looking for a mentor in true colors in ct harford and its taking a long time and at my aunts house there video camera so i cnt get be alone and plus her husband is a cop

Re: Help

Thank you so much for reaching out to us through our bulletin board. It sounds like you are in a tough situation right now and really needing some support and someone to talk to. You mentioned that you are currently staying with your aunt but will be leaving by the 12th of October. Who are you going to be staying with after the 12th? It also sounds like you are not really being cared for at the moment. You mentioned that your aunt doesn’t make any food and you often times are hungry and have nothing to eat. Have you told anyone about what is going on? You mentioned a DCFS worker who is currently trying to find some helpful and supportive resources for you. Have you told her about the situation at your aunt’s home?

It understandable that you are frustrated with the situation right now and feeling like no one cares. We are really glad that you felt comfortable reaching out to us to talk a bit about what is going on. If you would like to discuss your situation more you can always give us a call at our 24 hour hotline number 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live online chat that is available through our website, www.1800runaway.org, from 4:30p to 11:30p CST if you would feel more comfortable discussing your situation that way. There is always someone here to listen, provide support, and discuss any resources that may be available. All of our resources are completely confidential and anonymous. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Im going back with my mom cause she on vacation and i told my skewl they just tell me to hang in there then ill be home soon but its really not that easy cause i got anger problem and i am living with a cop i get nervous about that alot and plus there camera everywhere its really annoying i been depress i cnt take it but im alway talking to project reach i do have the nrs board number but im to nervous and shy i dnt want to say anything stupid or take my anger out on you people.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us again. You mentioned that you have been feeling anxious and depressed, there are also several hotlines such as 1-800-273-TALK(8255) that deal specifically with suicide and depression. You mentioned there are cameras everywhere where you are currently staying, have you talked to a trusted adult at school or your DCFS worker about it? Feeling safe is important, especially in the privacy of your home.

We are glad you do not want to take your anger out on us! However, we understand if you need to vent a little and please remember we are confidential, anonymous and toll-free. If you do not feel comfortable talking to us on the phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we are also available by chat from 4:30 pm – 11:30 pm CST at www.1800runaway.org, just click the big red Live button in the upper right hand corner. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck. Take care!

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Ak8htw

Yes i talk to everyone bout it but they dnt do crap and plus im not easy trusting people you ppl at nrs r the only people i trust cause you kno wat we been thro im so happy u can take the time to help me you guys at nrs r the best so thank you

Comment

RE: Ak8htw

Hello again,
            Thanks for taking the time to contribute you thoughtful comments to the National Runaway Switchboard's bulletin board. We appreciate you sharing your story with us! While the bulletin board is not really meant for ongoing conversations, we would love to hear from you through our e-mail or chat. Thank you for posting your kind words regarding our services here at NRS. Good luck and take care!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X