Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

OK My mother is not nice. She takes her anger out on me and tells me about problems a child shouldt have to deal with .
    She is single and, split up with my dad.She has many men come through our house at all hours, and she sleeps with them....And when they are here its like i am invisible, I ahve tried talking to her about it and she says "why cant you let me be happy"Or "your so selfish". I have let this go on too long. She has done this for years over 5.Fights would get started while or before the men got here. She has hit me a few times. Left a bruise twice but I dont really now if thats abuse. She has called me a B**** And other mean names. When i was about ten or so she had a man over...I Had fallen off my bike and wasin really bad shape and she didnt even say do you need a band aid led alone come out of her bedroom. I have tried talking ot her and it goes no where.I do what I can.

Right now she had some one move in with us and well for the last two days not a full sentance has came out of her mouth and i was sick. What a great mothe ?
    I wonder why i even love her ?
    She got pregnat with me on birth control and says that i was an acciedent .
    WHen things dont go her way she talks about sucide and wanting to be dead.
    My dad is in the picture, he is married and while his wife isnt the best ..i would rather live with him....
    my sister has went through this but sheis over 18 so she got to escape no me i am trappped.
    I Have ran away before but not gotten far ..I Ran 3 times before
    II Know how to survive and well if it came down to it i could .....
    MY mom is really i gusse a slut......and while i realy have not wanted ever awknowledge that it is the sad truth.
    I Mean dating is fine but all she ever does is has guys over.i want out

Please help me ASAP

Help!!!!

Hi,
    Thank you for posting on the NRS www.1800runaway.org website bulletin board.

We are sorry you are having problems with your mom it sounds like life has been very difficult for you and you have been doing what you can to cope.
    We appreciate that you have taken the time to reach out.
    We certainly can understand the emotional strain you must be feeling from this.

You deserve to live without fear of being hit and to feel safe in your home.
    No one deserves to be abused verbally or physically.
    Some may consider the incidents you described as child abuse.

There are agencies that serve to protect youth and teens from this kind of behavior.

Child Help USA
    1-800-422-4453
    Available: 24hours

They can assist you with filing an abuse report with the proper agencies in your area.

NRS has a national data base which allows us to help look for agencies that may provide services in your city and state to fit your needs.

How does that sound to you?

You can also call NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or send us a crisis email request for referrals through
    [email protected] or use the NRS live Chat located on our website www.1800runaway.org
    (NRS Live Chat available fro 4:30pm until 11:30pm CST.)

These services will connect you with one of our crisis liners about services in your area.

Please note that most agencies or persons in or with authority are mandated child abuse reporters.
    This means by law they are required to file a child abuse report once they have indentifying information pertaining to the abuse.
    It’s important to ask about confidentiality if you are unsure about having a report filed on your behalf.

Does that make sense?

We hope it gives you some clarity.

Your mom may be having issues of her own to deal with but that in no way means you have to carry the burden of it.
    You should not have to be subjected to her life style.
    You are not responsible for whatever she may be going through.
    We hope she might come realize the way she has been treating you is not fair.

You have demonstrated a manner of strength bravery.
    You have been surviving under what sounds like some very difficult and emotional circumstances; you deserve acknowledgement for your efforts to cope.
    You mentioned your dad and mom split up some time ago and he has remarried.

In looking at some other options have you talked to your dad about the possibility of you staying with him?
    It would be nice if you had someone you could turn to for support.

Having a good communication and understanding with your dad and his wife could certainly be helpful in this decision making process.
    What kind of relationship do you have with his wife?

Friends or family members can be a good support base but if this is not something available to you perhaps we can explore some other support options with you.
    Perhaps we could explore the possibility of Transitional Living Program for alternative housing and life skills in your city and state.
    Your age and parents cooperation could be a key factor for this consideration to be a possibility.

How does this sound?

NRS is anonymous and confidential we are here to listen so you are welcome to speak to one of our liners about your situation.
    (Remember our 24 hr crisis line 1800-Runaway (786-2929)

We understand if you are hesitant to involve anyone outside of your comfort zone.
    This may be a lot to sort out and it probably was no easy decision for you to contact NRS we certainly support your efforts in doing so.

We hope you can feel good about taking this first step and that we were able to give you some helpful information.
    Take care and good luck.
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 10-03-2012, 04:21 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X