Where to go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go?

I'm about to turn 15 in less than 2 weeks and I can't stand living at home. My mom threatens to kick me out every time things don't go her way and I'm sick of it. She throws every insecurity in face and likes to verbally take out her frustrations on me. She's threatens to hit me but she does sometimes hit my brother if he misbehaves. She just blew up at me and I want to leave, but I have no where to go. My dad's not in the picture and I have no intention of contacting him. I have no money; I'm to young to work. I want to leave tomorrow morning before school but I don't have a plan; I need help. I just need someone there for me. I don't know how to cope.

Re: Where to go?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are having a lot of conflict with your mother. We are sorry to hear your mom takes her frustration out on you, nobody should be abused in their own home. Have you tried talking to her about how she makes you feel when there is conflict like this?

You said that your dad is not in the picture, do you have any other trusted adults who could help you during this difficult time? Have you thought about what you would do for money? Where would you go? You also said you are having difficulty coping, what kinds of things can you do to keep yourself safe? We would like to hear from you to help you come up with a plan and explore options. We are available 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are confidential, anonymous and toll-free. We can also be reached by chat from 4:30 pm-11:30 pm CST at www.1800runaway.org. We are here for you! Good luck and hope to talk to you soon.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: where to go?

Thanks for replying to me. It was nice to have someone kinda care. But I still want to leave. I don't get an allowance and I don't get lunch money so I have no idea how to get money. I'd go anywhere just to get away from home. But I hate the idea of missing school. I've contemplated running away many times and this time I want to follow through. I try to talk to her but she doesn't want to hear it. She says my opinion doesn't matter. I wonder if she would even care if one day I didn't come home. I don't think she would try to find me. I don't want to get my family involved. I feel bad about leaving my brother behind but he would never go with me and I'm not going to force him.

Coping? When I get angry or sad I don't eat and that's how I deal. That pain makes me feel better. But I don't want to deal with this anymore. I want to be happy.

Comment

Re: Where to go?

Thank you for reaching out to us again. We are glad that you felt comfortable sharing your story with us and clarifying some information. We are definitely here for you if you need someone to talk with or if you are looking to discuss options or find resources. You have every right to be happy. Remember that if you would like to discuss your situation more in depth you can reach us anytime at our 24 hour crisis hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have our chat services which are available through our website from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. Take care.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X