Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 and just don't know what to do anymore.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and just don't know what to do anymore.

i am 15 and live in Kentucky USA.

I need help when i was 12 i was going threw a lot and had problems age 13 i tried to kill myself a few times mainly cause from the start i had one reason and had that reason rip'd from me at age 13 now im 15 and its back i don't know what to do anymore it started when i got on meds for my panic attacks that was months ago and i got off them quickly its now out my system but i still have the thoughts and the sanity from it.

I have a therapist and doctor appointments like every 2 weeks i ant told anyone bout it because i thought maybe i could control it, maybe it was just a teen emotion thing... I am wrong tho cause i just can't control it its been bout 2weeks since it started and i just cant handle it anymore, i need to know what to do to fix this... my body cant do it anymore its driving me insane.

Should i tell someone?
    Who?
    What do i say?
    What will happen?

If you need to message me

Just please help me!
    Last edited by ccsmod6; 09-30-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: confidentiality

Re: 15 and just don't know what to do anymore.

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us during this difficult time. It sounds like you have having thoughts about suicide or harming yourself. If you need to talk to someone about those feelings here are some suicide hotline resources below. They are both 24/7.

National Suicide Hotline
    1-800-273-8255

National Hopeline Network
    1-800-784-2433

It sounds like you are struggling with anxiety and panic attacks, what have you tried in the past that has worked? What hasn’t? You said that you are seeing both a therapist and a doctor, have you thought about telling them about your concerns? If you are worried about how they will react, we can always help you practice what you are going to say. What do you think will happen? We are a toll-free, confidential, anonymous and 24/7 hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or we can be reached at our live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30-11:30 CST. We look forward to hearing from you and can be reached at any time.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: Re: 15 and just don't know what to do anymore.

Yes i have anxiety and panic attacks, its actually something that is getting really bad cant even go to public school. The suicidal thoughts went away in the past when i started church, that was also the time i realized i had anxiety.
      What doesn't help is the continuing fights i had with my dad and grandmother, people ask me bout the marks on my arm i uselessly say it was from going to hell and back when i was 13. I've thought bout telling my therapist i cant get the words out, and worse i think bout how they would react i don't want to be labeled "Crazy" or what if that fighting happens again.

Honestly i think they would take me to a padded room, i know my granny she would pay to have me locked in one of them for a life time.

I just wish there was a way i could go live with my mom she is so nice to me and she said she would gladly, Being there with her and my sister and brother i wouldn't be stressed i think i would be happy plus one of the things that has kept me from running away or suicide is my sister, she calls me and tells me how her day went and what her and them sugar junkies did it always puts a smile on my face.

Comment

15 and I just don't know what to do anymore

Hi,
        Thanks for posting to the NRS www.1800runaway.org bulletin board.

We are sorry things are not what you hope them to be.
        We understand how difficult your situation must be.
        We really appreciate your courage in posting your thoughts and feelings sometimes it can really help to open up.

Is there anything you can think of that might help you avoid having these confrontations with your dad and grandmother?

It sounds like you found a way to overcome or ease your suicidal thoughts and that’s very good.
        You said it was when you started church.
        Has that changed or are you still attending?
        Perhaps you can meet with your pastor or join a youth based support group within the church to help with your anxiety.

Does that sound like something you might consider?

You seem to really enjoy talking with your mother and your siblings.
        It sounds comforting for you to have an escape by communicating with your sister.
        It’s really nice that you feel sense closeness with her.

You stated you would like to live with your mom and how nice she is with you.
        Have you and she explored the possibilities of you staying with her?
        We understand if there are boundaries that would make it difficult for you to do so.

It appears from what you wrote that you have a problem about discussing certain things with your therapist.

Is that correct?

At the National Runaway Switchboard we are confidential and you can remain anonymous.

You are welcome to call our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) 24hr crisis hotline.

You can speak to one of our liners about your situation.

Please feel free to contact NRS through two of our other services as well.

They are: [email protected] (crisis emails)

NRS Live Chat service available at: www.1800runaway.org
        Available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (Central Standard Time)

We hope that your situation will improve and you can continue to gather support from your mom and sister.
        They sound like a positive force in your life.
        Take care and good luck.
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X