Giving Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Up

I am a 15 year old girl with sever mental health issues. I have bi-polar disorder and sever depression. I'm not the only one in my family with bi-polar disorder my mom and both of my sisters have it too. But I deal with my issues very differently than they do. When there emotional state becomes negative they lash out at the people around them. But when my emotional state becomes negative I lash out at myself. I cut, eat nothing for days on end, isolate myself from everyone so I don't bother them and hate myself in every sense of the word. What makes my self hate issues worse is that my mom and sister both have a hate/love for me. They can become hateful twards me when they are on a bi-polar streak and this just makes my condition twice as hard to deal with. Ever since April of this year I've wanted to leave. But I have no where to go. A part of me knows that the only way to get better is to leave. But another part of me says I shouldn't give up on my family I mean it's not their fault they have this condition. But I know the only way I will get better is if I leave but i need alot of help and information.

re: giving up

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the bulletin boards. It sounds like your situation is pretty intense and you merely want to figure out what options you’ve got. At the beginning of your message it’s pretty clear that you need to go somewhere else. Towards the end of your post we got the impression that you might not be ready to leave home. Other than not wanting to ‘give up’ on your family, is there anything else that might be holding you back from leaving? Do you feel prepared and safe to leave and survive wherever you go?

If you were to stay home, what would it take for you to feel safe and comfortable there? Sometimes it’s possible for people to get what they want as so long as everyone is willing to accept what’s going on and then to work on it from there. Have you confronted your sister and mom and would they be willing to not ‘give up’ on you?

It’s pretty great that no matter how difficult it is for you with emotional distress, cutting, depression, etc that you can still be self-less and consider the well being of your family. One can only hope that they could do that for you, too.

We want you to know that we’re here for you regardless of your focus and direction. If you feel like leaving home, we can help explore that with you. If you need support while you’re home and dealing with family stress, we are available to search all of your options.

We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. If you called us we could speak with you about what we could help with. If you’re willing and able you can call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We won't give up on you.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X