Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna run away but I don't know where to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m 12 and wanna run away bc my parents emotionally abuse me just because I’m the older sibling and have a different dad their also homophobic and racist..

Comment

I wish i never existed sometimes

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there,

Thank you for sharing that. It sounds like you are dealing with some pretty intense thoughts and emotions. The fact that you reached out to us is a good sign, though. We are here to listen and help in whatever way we can. The best way we can do that would be for you to call our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us via the chat feature on our website: www.1800runaway.org. You don't have to face this alone.

If you are in immediate danger please call 911. If you ever are feeling suicidal or like harming yourself, you can also reach out to https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ (1-800-273-8255).

We hope to hear from you soon. Please stay safe!

NRS

Honestly, I'm sick of this. My brother-- who is seven I think..-- has depression, and my mother can, what appears to be, only give so much love out. I have three siblings, and I am the oldest, at age eleven..Then, with my dad, he verbally abuses me! He threatened to lock me in my room with no electronics. Nothing. The only company I would have would´ve been the five minutes of time they come in to give me my food! I am a literal train wreck, and not to mention that I am writing a book with my friend, and I have so much crap to finish in school. I do not think I can handle this anymore, yet I do not even know where to start..I don´t even have a bag packed or enough money! Though, at the moment I am in school as I send this..School kind of makes this entire problem bad, really. Like, I want to stay in this school with my friends, but I don´t know how I would do that. I am, like I said, a fricking train wreck..

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help. We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a difficult time and we are here to support you.

You mentioned that you are experiencing verbal abuse at home. No one deserves to be treated this way. You deserve to feel safe and secure in your home. We want you to know that any minor experiencing abuse has the right to file an abuse report. Child Help USA (www.childhelp.org) is an organization that can provide you with more information about child abuse and the process of abuse reporting. We at NRS are here to support you in your decision and can assist you in filing an abuse report if that is something you would like.

It sounds like you are considering running away. There are lots of important things to think about if you are thinking of running away, such as supporting yourself financially and continuing in school, which you mentioned. Other important things to consider would be finding somewhere safe to stay. We at NRS can work with you to consider each of these questions and how to develop a plan to stay safe if you are considering running away.

You mentioned that you are feeling like a “train wreck” and we are so sorry to hear that you are struggling. It sounds like you have been going through a lot and that would be challenging to cope with. Your mental well-being is important and you deserve support to help you feel better. The National Alliance of Mental Health (NAMI) is a great resource to explore if you are interested in learning more about mental health and support options that are available. They can be contacted via phone at 1800-950-NAMI or at www.nami.org.

We would love to talk more with you about your specific situation and provide you support in any way we can. Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or via chat on our website www.1800runaway.org.

We wish you all the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,

NRS

I’m 13 and I want to run away bc I can’t take having no one listen to me and I can’t wait 3 years. I also feel that if I don’t runaway I won’t be here anymore. I’m just so completely exhausted and I can’t take it anymore. I feel like I’m going insane

Comment

• ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        It sounds like you haven't been feeling listened to, and likely like people around you are not putting themselves in your shoes or trying to see things from your perspective. That can be extremely frustrating, and it makes sense if you're feeling angry, hurt, sad, depressed, or hopeless.

There are people (including us at NRS) who believe you have value, and that you deserve to be heard and understood. The feelings you described of exhaustion and feeling like you're going insane can be common in homes with dysfunction, or when you aren't receiving deserved validation and understanding from the people around you. We are here to help provide that.

Additionally, if you do decide you need to run away, or you want to discuss any other solutions, we are here to talk through a plan.

Whatever you decide, feel free to live chat us at 1800runaway.org or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we will be here to listen.

You don't have to deal with this alone.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X