Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna run away but I don't know where to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i always feel like running away sometimes its better off if i do like no one will remember me anyway i just feel lik going somewhere else alone so i dont have to deal with anybody and start my new life

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen.

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time, and we want you to know that you are not alone. Running away is a big decision and because you know your situation best only you are able to decide if running away is best for you. But we can give you some more information to help you make the best informed decision.

We are not legal experts but if you were to run away your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. We know you mentioned wanting to run away for a while, one option to consider wo uld be to speak with a school counselor about what is going on at home. They would be able to provide you with support and help you explore options and offer you resources. If running away is your best option safety is the top concern. You could see if you could stay with friends or family. We can also help you look for a safe place to go.

We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

Hi I want to run away and I'm 12. Is anything I need to worry about? I already have and idea of where i'll be stay what I need and when to go. The reason is because my mom and dad are never home and when they are there yelling at me or my brother and I'm sick of it. So yea also PLEASE DON"T TELL MY PARENTS bye until next message :P

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by forum to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

My parents treat me like ******** they used to beat me when i was 6,8,9,10,11 but now im 15 and their threatening to do it again if i dont get my grades up so im gonna run away because i dont have to deal with that i have blackmail that i plan on useing because their ********ing *******s
    Last edited by ccsmod8; 01-26-2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod8
      ccsmod8 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello there –

Thank you so much for taking the time out of our day to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We hope that by helping them and helping you that there are other’s that are scrolling through will get the information that they need.

It’s hard to talk to just anyone one about what has been going on. From reading your post it sounds like you thinking about leaving home due to the long history of abuse you face in your household by your parents. No one deserves to be treated that way at all. Just know that you always have the right to report any abuse (physical, mental, sexual, or neglect/abandonment) to child protective service in your state or you can talk to us about it. You have rights too.

Only you know yourself when it’s time to leave home due to it being an unsafe situation. We want you to know that if you do choose to leave home, we hope that you have a plan to stay safe. If you want to talk to us about your options or even find a safe place that you might be able to reach out to for some more local support, you can always give us a call or chat in.

We certainly want to help you.

ive been feeling of doing self harm bc i am failing at everything i wish someone cared no one care ive dealing with depression alot lately ive seen a counselor but i dont say as much i dont wanna do it but i have no other choice , help.

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there, thank you so much for reachig out.

It sounds like you are thinking about harming yourself or ending your life. It takes a lot of strength to reach out for help, and we are so glad that you did. Your life has worth and our top priority is your safety. If you feel this is an emergency you could consider calling 911 for emergency assistance. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we can help you find resources that can help you cope with these feelings. You do not have to face this alone, and there is so much help out there for you. If you are thinking about hurting yourself, the National Suicide Hotline could be a good resource for you. You can check them out at www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org, or you can call 1-800-273-8255 for help and support any time.

You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk. We are always here for you and we care about your safety.

Best,

NRS

I wanna run away, mainly because my family don’t like the fact that I’m “lesbian” they would take my phone away because of it and wont let me get near guys cause they would “rape” you, or girls because I’m lesbian, my mom doesn’t me to go out and just tells me stay in my room she doesn’t even make me food anymore after I told her I’m lesbian, she talks bad about me telling me “I’m going to hell” or “I wish I had a son not a lesbian daughter” there’s times where she beats me because I’m useless, in her way and etc. I done self harm and smoked cus I couldn’t take the stress and the negativity of my mom, I wanna know where can I go cause I wanna run away as far as possible I’m 14

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation at home. We hope to help in the best way we know how.
      It sounds like you are enduring serious physical and mental abuse and neglect. We’re sorry you’re going through this…it is definitely not okay. You should be respected and treated with love for exactly who you are. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org) is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
      You mention having some experience with smoking and self-harm. These are somewhat natural responses to high levels of stress, which you are definitely enduring. You are not alone. We encourage you to check out the website To Write Love on Her Arms (twloha.com) during moments that feel especially difficult for you. It is a blog in which people share their heartbreaking, raw, but hopeful stories of self-harm. We believe you may get something out of reading.
      You also talk about wanting to run away. We encourage you to call us to discuss your options. It can be scary to run, and for some it may be the right decision. Without an active abuse report, it is possible you may get returned home by police if your parents report you. We can talk through this and other runaway laws when you reach out.
      You may also reach out to the LGBT National Youth Talkline to discuss these and other issues with members of the LGBTQIA community. Their number is 1-800-246-7743.
      Stay safe and strong out there.

Sincerely,
      NRS

I wanna run away. My life is very stressful rn. Im very unmotivated to do anything and the work i have for school is stacking up. I feel sad for no reason but only thinking that i am useless. I did self harm yesterday and I know im getting worse mentally. i cannot tell my parents cuz they would tell me im just weak and to suck it up. I want to run away from here. Maybe to a safer place that makes me feel comfortable and where the work amount is tolerable and where i can see my boyfriend cuz rn he is a secret from my parents cuz my parents would never ever let me date till im 18. rn i am 16. i barely get to see him and he is the only thing that makes me happy anymore.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now with your depression and anxiety and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.

While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

You mentioned that you are feeling sad for no reason, have been getting worse mentally, and that you harmed yourself. It may be important to work through your mental before making other big decisions. You may want to think about who you can reach out to, or what resources you can contact if you aren’t ready to talk to someone in person. NAMI is a resource that can provide you with some mental health support. If you would like to do so, you can text “connect” to 741741 to communicate with a crisis counselor 24/7. Also, if you are having trouble with workload at school, it may be helpful to reach out to a counselor or teacher at your school to help you work through that.

Also, if you are having trouble at home with your parents, this is a resource that may help you find a possible solution: (www.ChildHelp.org).

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,

NRS

I'm 8 and I always get blamed for what my sisters do, I'm thinking about suicide but then I thought of running away, please help me

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      First of all, thank you so much for reaching out to NRS today. We know it can be difficult and take a lot of courage to reach out. We are so sorry to hear that you are getting blamed for what your sisters do – that is not fair.
      You said you were thinking about suicide. Your safety is our first priority here at NRS. If you ever feel like a danger to yourself, a great resource to reach out to is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24/7 if you ever want to talk at 800-273-8255. You can also chat with them on their website.
      You mention running away. Running away is not illegal, but if you do run away, your parents may decide to file a runaway report to the police. In that case, the police will most likely go looking for you and if they find you, they will bring you back home.
      One option is a service we have here called the conference calling service. Using this, you would call out to us and one of our liners would talk to you about the situation at home and set guidelines for a conference call with your parents. With support from one of our liners, you would have a conversation with your parents that would hopefully would be productive and help them see how you are feeling.
      Lastly, you are welcome to reach out to us anything to talk about your situation more in depth either through live chat at 1800runaway.org or by phone at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929). We are available 24/7 and are happy to help with whatever we can.
      Best of luck and stay strong,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X