Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna run away but I don't know where to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if running away is what i want to do it's just i get yelled at about everything like i do everything but it's not good enough i use to self harm but i stopped and like i get depressed every now and then and when i try to tell someone about it they just laugh and say so am i it's like i feel if i just run away it will solve everything and i won't be in anyone's way or bother them and they won't have to put up with me anymore i just want to feel love and i don't feel that at all

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned that you have been dealing with depression and you used to self-harm because of it. It can be really hard to live with mental health issues and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

It sounds like you aren't being listened to when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about your current situation. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents (or guardians) so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

im done with it. Im done with doing stuff for .... and everyone else and not getting a thank you or okay, last night I cooked for ********ing everyone and got nothing in returned i cleaned up after myself and thought ..... would clean up after her kids but no. She didnt and this morning .... lost her phone and we were looking and ..... said we needed to talk for a second then yelled at us that we need to do more, she doeant even live here she doesnt know what we freaking do. Its like they don't care about what i do. I just am freaking done. No matter what i do for them they wanna make me feel like im trash it seems like my mother cares, but everyone else doesnt. Im just done..im only 16 and I take care of a lot and then my 3 yr old sister messes it all up and it looks like i dont do anything. I dont a good dad and idk where else to go..
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 08-25-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we glad that you decided to reach out to us.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and your hard work and effort is not being appreciated. You deserve to be loved and treated with respected. We are glad to hear that at least your mom seems to care. Other's actions doesn't change the hard work and effort you put in and take care of everything. It can be helpful to talk about this with your mom or another adult you trust family member, friend or school personnel.

Leaving home can be hard and you are doing great by reaching out for help before taking any steps. We are confidential and open 24x7. If you like you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
      NRS

Plese help me i wana kill my selp and run away

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. You must be going through a pretty difficult time right now with having those thoughts.
      First we want you to know that your life is valuable and that there are people who care that are willing to listen and willing to help. You could always contact The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255. You could also consider talking with a school counselor about what you are going through. If you need immediate help please don’t hesitate to call the police or your local hospital.
      You also mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but do have general information on the laws. 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X