Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna run away but I don't know where to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if running away is what i want to do it's just i get yelled at about everything like i do everything but it's not good enough i use to self harm but i stopped and like i get depressed every now and then and when i try to tell someone about it they just laugh and say so am i it's like i feel if i just run away it will solve everything and i won't be in anyone's way or bother them and they won't have to put up with me anymore i just want to feel love and i don't feel that at all

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It must be really hard to live in a home with so much tension. Running away is a big decision and it can be very stressful to figure out what you want to do.

You mentioned that you have been dealing with depression and you used to self-harm because of it. It can be really hard to live with mental health issues and we want you to know that you aren’t alone in addressing them. If you’d like some additional support, an organization that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). You can contact them by calling 1-800-950-NAMI or you can text them by sending NAMI to 741741.

It sounds like you aren't being listened to when you are trying to express your thoughts and feelings about your current situation. It could be a good idea to work with a local family counselor or have a conversation mediated by a school counselor/social worker, trusted friend, or family member to help clear the air. If you'd like, you can also call us directly and we can conduct a conference call with your parents (or guardians) so you have a safe environment where you can express yourself.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

im done with it. Im done with doing stuff for .... and everyone else and not getting a thank you or okay, last night I cooked for ********ing everyone and got nothing in returned i cleaned up after myself and thought ..... would clean up after her kids but no. She didnt and this morning .... lost her phone and we were looking and ..... said we needed to talk for a second then yelled at us that we need to do more, she doeant even live here she doesnt know what we freaking do. Its like they don't care about what i do. I just am freaking done. No matter what i do for them they wanna make me feel like im trash it seems like my mother cares, but everyone else doesnt. Im just done..im only 16 and I take care of a lot and then my 3 yr old sister messes it all up and it looks like i dont do anything. I dont a good dad and idk where else to go..
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 08-25-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It takes great courage to reach out for help and we glad that you decided to reach out to us.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and your hard work and effort is not being appreciated. You deserve to be loved and treated with respected. We are glad to hear that at least your mom seems to care. Other's actions doesn't change the hard work and effort you put in and take care of everything. It can be helpful to talk about this with your mom or another adult you trust family member, friend or school personnel.

Leaving home can be hard and you are doing great by reaching out for help before taking any steps. We are confidential and open 24x7. If you like you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to listen to you, explore your options and provide any resources. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

Best
      NRS

Plese help me i wana kill my selp and run away

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. You must be going through a pretty difficult time right now with having those thoughts.
      First we want you to know that your life is valuable and that there are people who care that are willing to listen and willing to help. You could always contact The National Suicide Prevention Line at: 1800-273-8255. You could also consider talking with a school counselor about what you are going through. If you need immediate help please don’t hesitate to call the police or your local hospital.
      You also mentioned wanting to run away, we are not legal experts but do have general information on the laws. 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS

I don't know where to go I hate my mother. She spanks me my brother and I in a game called tag team. After she spanks the iving crap out of us she makes us high five a sibling to make them get spanked then they high five a sibling and etc. I don't want to be here. She goes through things where shes kind for a second then very hostile for a second. I want to leave but I don't want to make the kind part of my mother upset. I just don't know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello! We appreciate you reaching out for help, and want you to know that you are not alone.
      To begin with, you mentioned that your mom spanks you guys, and that you do not wat to be at home anymore. It’s important to note that no person should have to endure any abuse, whether that is psychical, emotional, or verbal. If you feel that the situation were to arise again, you may consider reaching out to the Child Help hotline at 1800) 422-4453. You’re really brave for opening up about the abuse in your home, please know that you are not alone, and we are here to help
      Lastly, you mentioned that you don’t want to be at home with your mom anymore, but are scared of upsetting her. An option to explore would be to reach out to any family member with your guardian’s approval, and see if you could spend a couple of nights with the, while everything settles down at home. We aren’t legal experts, but if you decide to leave on your own, as in running away, your legal guardian may file a runaway report with the local authorities. Whoever harbors a runaway may face some consequences. If you feel unsafe at some point, an option to explore would be reaching out to the National Safe Place by texting the word safe and your location to 44357.

Thank you once again for reaching out to us again. You took the initiative in reaching out to us, and we want you to know that your efforts do not go unnoticed. If you feel like you need additional support, or have other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via phone at 1800) 786-2929, or by chat at www.1800runaway.org. Best of luck!

I'm 17 years old and I'm the son of two immigrants. I'm constantly abused emotionally, and have thoughts about killing myself on a daily basis. My parents want me to leave so they probably won't care if I left (hopefully). Is there a way for me to get a job, live a life go to college and find a shelter so on. Please tell me I don't know how much longer I can go on.

Comment

I'm 17 years old and I'm the son of two immigrants

Hello,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

With everything that you have been going through at home with your parent’s it took a lot of courage for you to reach out. We appreciate you sharing your feelings about the situation. Well done. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. It may also be a good place to explore options for staying with another family member or someone you trust as far as transferring custody.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. If you are having thoughts of suicide there is support available to you. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

For continuing education, alternative housing and employment contact Job Corps https://www.jobcorps.gov/

You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      If you would like to talk more in detail please call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in.

If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 9-1-1 or seek emergency assistance immediately.

Be safe,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Sadly, I’m 22 years old and I just want to get away. From everything & everybody. I can’t do it here anymore. I’m all out of options . All out of hope. You know they tell you do the right thing , be a good person, keep God first & things will be okay. That’s the biggest lie I ever heard. I’ve always done those things and ******** still goes bad for me. I don’t expect awards for doing what I’m supposed to but I expect things to go as planned. I hate it here. I just want to leave but I’m so scared. Where would I go? Where would I eat? & with these conversations about sex trafficking, I’m even more terrified. Ugh I hate life

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are really overwhelmed right now. It happens to everyone from time to time but it’s just a moment and not a terrible life. Since you are 18 you are more than likely considered a legal adult which means that you can move out if you want to and you won’t be considered a runaway. As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can. You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk.

I was wondering if It was a site like this for older people

Cause I'm almost 40 years old and I still live with my mom I feel that it's hard for me to live my life cause I'm tied to my mom and I just want to live my own life it's hard for me to get a job because I have no job experience and I don't know any other place to go at least not for free I still need a job

And plus my mom still treats me like a kid I think she does it to bring me down and to look down on me as well cause every time I try telling her about it she's always making up excuses and not giving me real answers to the questions I asked her the first time I mainly want to leave not only because she treats me like I'm some kid I have a curfew not only do I have to come in and out of the house at a sorting time I also don't even have my own room or bed I sleep on the floor

She's been promising to help me find a job for almost 20 years now she does not planned on helping me find work I feel cheated in life cause all she does is psychological abuse me just so I can stay

I'm so sick of the psychological abuse and the manipulation and the overprotective behavior and attitude I just want out

Please help.
        Ms.kim

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Since you are 18 you are more than likely considered a legal adult which means that you can move out if you want to and you won’t be considered a runaway. As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can.

Im tired. I feel like I am in a invisible box when im with my dad and step-mom. I want to grow up and be successful in life trust me, I really do. But I cant take this mental abuse anymore. I love my dad but Im truly scared of him. Last year he put his hands on me TWICE. He hasnt done it since but Im scared he will again. I want to live with my actual mom. Not my dad. My stepmom constantly ignores me 24/7. She gives my siblings other attention but I get none. So im thinking about running away, far away from this place. I just dont know where to go.

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you’re quite overwhelmed by things at home right now and you mentioned being harmed. We’re sorry you’re going through this. You don't deserve to be hurt in any way. If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately. You may also be able to report any mistreatment to CPS. Child Help USA 1-800-422-4453 www.childhelp.org is an organization that helps protect minors from being harmed. They can tell you more about how CPS could respond to your situation. If you ever need assistance calling out to CPS to make an abuse or neglect report please call is at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Often, having a safe space to share how you’re feeling may bring a variety of solutions previously not thought of. You are not alone in this. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more in detail please chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best

i just turned 13 and i understand that there’s not much i can do about this situation, but i’m really bored and sick and tired of staying home in my small town. i feel that everything is the same and i’m longing for more. i wanna go somewhere bigger and explore or do something. i’m trying to live everyday as if it were my last but its kinda hard when i’ve already done everything around me. i want to go somewhere even if it’s just for a few weeks. i feel that i am depressed and my parents keep asking what’s wrong but i struggle to put all this into words. i just want to get away and let everything go, forget all my worries and find myself again. -reagan

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
          While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
          The easiest way to leave home is with your parents' permission. We understand that might be challenging, however, maybe there’s another family member, relative, or a family friend who could help to communicate how you’re feeling to your parents. The second way is through Child Protective Services if safety is a concern. Lastly, you can also look into emancipation options. In most states you need to be at least 16 to be considered and demonstrate that you can support yourself financially and independently. Emancipation often can be a lengthy process and may even cost some money for court fees. We would be happy to look into legal resources if that’s something you are considering.
          It's totally understandable that you are wanting more out of life, and living in a small town can be difficult. It may be hard to express those feelings to your parents. Therapy and family therapy may be good options to help you talk through these feelings and give you a productive environment to express them to your family.
          We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). If you would like to look into further support options, you can text with a crisis worker at the National Alliance on Mental Illness 24/7 by texting "NAMI" to 741741.
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          Be safe,
          NRS

Please click the link below to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Hi, I just turned 18 a couple of weeks and I can’t take living in my house anymore. My parents have always been overprotective but it seems like when I turned eighteen, they latched on tighter and I don’t have any space for myself. I graduated high school last month and turned 18, to celebrate those two milestones, I wanted to take a trip with my friends. It turned into a huge argument and that’s when they started controlling me even more it seems. I got home around 10 the other night and my dad blew up on me. He said I can’t be coming in and out of the house as I please, and he keeps threatening to kick me out. I’ve always thought of myself as a good kid, I don’t drink or smoke, I’m never home that late but they don’t seem to care. I’m never given a reason and I’m terrified of disobeying them. I cry almost every night, I can’t take it anymore. If I had the money I would’ve already moved out but I don’t even have credit, I wouldn’t know where to go. I don’t know what to do anymore, the thought of staying home for the rest of the year makes me sad and angry. Please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod0
          ccsmod0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey there,

Since you are 18 you are more than likely considered a legal adult which means that you can move out if you want to and you won’t be considered a runaway. As a legal adult, you have a right to make your own decisions about where you live. We can help you make a plan for how to deal with your situation and help you find resources to land on your feet. Having a plan for where you will live and how you will survive once you move out can be very helpful. Moving can be a huge step, and you don’t have to be alone. Some steps you can take towards independence might be to find employment if you don’t have an income, or to save up money for moving expenses. It can also be helpful to research rents in your area, find a roommate, or make a budget. Another thing you might want to consider is what kinds of things you depend on your parents for currently such as tuition expenses for school, or health insurance, and whether they would continue to provide those things after you leave. There may be social service agencies in your area that can help meet some of these needs, such as Transitional Living Programs, a kind of shelter where young adults can live and get services to help them transition to independent living. We are here to listen and help however we can.

Best,
          NRS

I dropped out of college after spring semster , I told my mother the truth about. She scolding me, judged me and make me feel terrible. I feel being disappointment to my family members. I feel very unsafe and unease around her. I really wanna take my car so that i could runaway from home.i failed behind the wheel, all she does scolding me for not being studious. Still hurts me. I feel useless and unworthy living here. Sometimes i really wanna hurt myself to get rid of pain and frustration. I cant stand with them. Rn i waiting to get the job since im jobless during 12th grade-1st yr of college. And my mother been **********in about it. She always assuming me that im lazy and i dont understand her, epescially something very specific. The truth are that i diagnosed with ADHD when i was little and Depression when i was a pre teen. She thinks imma gonna be outgrown havin ADHD ... but no.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe,
          NRS

I wanna run away but im only ten ha

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,

Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We hope to hear from you soon.

Be safe,
          NRS

I’m 16 , And I want to run-away because, my family thinks I’m a Hoe and Send nudes to People, which is true. I want a family who respect , And tell me to sit and talk about the Situation, my family is not like that. They make fun of me . And I be thinking I wish they wasn’t here or I wish I wasn’t here. I wanna Runaway because I also can’t have a boy bestfriend or a boyfriend or to get pregnant. I CANT DO ANYTHING . THIS FAMILY IS SICK.

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello There,
          Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now and we want you to know you are not alone.
          We are sorry to hear your family thinks that of you, sending explicit pictures does not make you any less of a person. Your family may be worried about your safety when you are sending pictures of yourself to people. Once you send pictures of yourself it is possible the other party could send them to their friends or post them on the web.
          We are not legal experts but if you do leave home it is possible for your legal guardian to file a runaway report. If the police were to find you they most likely would bring you back home. You may want to consider talking to a school counselor about your situation. They would be able to provide support and resources.
          Best of luck,
          NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X