Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stress out

im a 15 year old girl im sick of my mom not giving me enough freedom i try running away tuesday cause i got in a big argument with my mom i have to admit we both have anger issue but the stupid thing is i went in someone car but when the cops were looking for me and got out the van and i went home but the thing is i cant stand cops so i flip out on everyone but the next day my mom say i regret the cops not taking u that piss me so i try breaking my hand by punching the wall my summer is stressing me out but i think my mom doesnt believe me when im getting tease in school im either getting punch or push in the hall way cause they found out i was dating a girl but my school is a behavior program i cnt deal with all of this drama it makes me depress but i try calling the 1-800runaway number i get to nervous cuz i dnt kno who to trust but most of the time i hold in my feeling i dnt kno wat else to do anymore i try therapy but that didnt work

Thank you for reaching out and telling us your story. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and it was very brave of you to trust us.

It sounds like you and your mom had an argument on Tuesday which resulted in you trying to run away. Can you tell us more about the argument? We are sorry to hear that you and your mom are having some difficulties right now. It seems like that is stressful for your relationship with her.

You said that when you left on Tuesday, you got into a car with someone but then you returned home; correct? It sounds like you then returned home because you heard the police were looking for you and they make you nervous. After returning home, your mom said that she wished you had been picked up by the police and that upset you so you tried to break your hand by punching a wall, is that correct? We are sorry to hear that all of this happened; it sounds like you were trying to make the right choice by returning home after hearing the police were looking for you.

It must be difficult for you to go to school if people are bullying you. Nobody deserves to feel unsafe or afraid in any environment they go into. Have you told anyone else about the way people are treating you? There is a website that you can go to (www.stopbullying.gov) that may have some additional resources for you.

We are sorry to hear that you have been unable to contact us because you are nervous. Please know that we are completely confidential and anonymous so if you were to call us, we would never tell anyone. We are always here to talk with you about your story and try to find resources that may be able to help you. We have a database that is nationwide of things such as shelter, legal aid, counseling, etc… We also have online chat that is available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) if you would like to talk with someone that way. You can find it through our website (http://www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

stress out

the argument was bout this online website called my yearbook i meet people i dnt kno but the thing is i dnt have friends in my town so i free alone plus i get money from my summer job she wont let me buy stuff she control my money and she alway threaten me with the cops i feel not wanted my DCF worker is not even helping me i really need a break from all of this yesterday i left too at 11pm for a break and i went to a friend house to stay till next day i told my mom but she said ill call the cops for running away and u cud go to juvenile that why i came home

Comment

Re: Stress out

Hi,
        It sounds like you're going through a lot right now with your mom, school, and your DCF worker not helping out. We are very sorry that you are feeling this way and that you are feeling so alone. Do you think it may help to have a third party help talk to your mom with you? If you have any other family that you may trust to advocate for you that may help, or we also have what's called a conference call service. Where we would talk to you about what's going on and then call out to your guardian to try and resolve some issues you guys are having.

We are unable to say for sure what might happen if you were to leave home and the police got you; if you would go to juvie or not. But if you call the local police you can anonymously ask what the consequences may be, or if you call us we can do that for or with you.

We really want to help you, please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY any time so we can talk more about what's happening, or you can chat us from 4:30-11:30pm CST every day.
        We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X