Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abusive dad

Hey guys, I have been hit by my dad since ever I was 4..it was hitting like spanking but it got more aggressive...today he kicked and twice. I have been wanting to runaway but we are moving soon and didn't want to be left..I was wondering I use and sometimes take money from my parents..if I turn him in can I also get in trouble? I am 15 by the way...thank you.

Re: abusive dad

Hello there,

We’re glad you decided to reach out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are thinking of leaving due to the way you are treated at home. We are very sorry to hear you have been hit with your dad. No one deserves to be dealing with an abusive parent. We can’t say exactly what will happen if you file an abuse report, but that is an option. We don’t know your city and state, but there is another National organization that advocates and can offer information about child abuse cases. They are Child Help USA and you can visit their website, http://www.childhelp.org/, or call them at 1-800-4-A-CHILD (422-4453).

You are more than welcome to call us too at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) for support and hopefully a plan to deal with your situation. We also offer a Live Chat option (red button at www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30 to 11:30 pm CST. We hope you can keep yourself safe in the meantime. Best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X