Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant take it anymore!

I cant take it anymore! My mother and I fight like crazy! I hate living with her! I am not used to it! My grandmother died a few months ago and I lived with her! Now I have to live with my mother and step father I have always been scared of my mother, she always yells at me, and we fight we have never got a long! I have been scared because of what my dad says she did to me when I was younger! Now she has told me right to my face that I am a mistake! I cant stand it anymore! I have thought of running away to live with my dad! But I dont know what to do! Help! I have tried talking to my mother to let her live with my dad but she wont let me! What can I do?

Re: I cant take it anymore!

Thanks for reaching out to us. First, we’re sorry to hear about your grandma. It sounds like since moving in with your mom and step-dad, life at home isn’t going very well. It would be frustrating to have your mom always yell at you and tell you you’re a mistake. On top of all that, you’re probably grieving the loss of your grandma and trying to adjust to a new home. Did you have to move far? From what you wrote, the solution you would like is to move in with your dad. What does your dad think about this? Do you know who your legal guardian is? Assuming your mom is your legal guardian, she is the person that gets to say where you live until you turn the age of majority (18 in most states). Of course, this doesn’t make it okay for her to treat you the way she does. Are there other things that could make living with your mom more bearable? Have you talked to any adults about this? Teachers, counselors? We unfortunately don’t have an easy solution for you. However, we’d be more than happy to talk to you about what’s going on and what you’d like to see happen. Our hotline is completely confidential and we’re available 24/7. We’re not here to tell you what to do or even not to runaway, but we are here to listen, support and help you come up with a safe plan that you’re comfortable with. Call anytime, 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

No i did'nt have to move far i'm in the same city but in a house i don't like at all! Also I've talked to my friends about it! And i've tried telling my teacher but I could'nt get it out! I just cant take it anymore! I've even thought of suicide but I decided to seek help.

Comment

It sounds like you have tried a few options and were feeling like you were able to say what you were wanting to. Do you think trying to talk to your teacher again might help? We do invite you to call us to discuss possible options and we are a 24/7 confidential crisis line. 1800-RUNAWAY.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X