My mom hates me and i need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom hates me and i need help

I am 15 right now and my mom just told me that I am making her life miserbial because we argue so fecurently. We don't really argue about bad thing. Like our last argument was about me taking ap government. I am not a bad kid either, never got arrested or even a detention. My grades are a little above average. I hang out with the top kids in our class, I don't drink or smoke either, I'm even a Christian. I go to church almost every Sunday and Wednesday. In even the drum major of our school marching band. But I argue with my mom alote about almost every thing. This all started when my grandma passed around 2 years ago. But I feel like she played favorites over me and my twin sister. Who is a 4.0 student and is a perfect kid. Tonight she has threatened to send me to military school for a school year and that she hates the person that I've become. She wants to life part from me. I tried talking to her but she dosent want too talk about our problems, she just wants to get rid of me. My dad understands me and will hopefully help. But I would like some help from one of you guys.

re: My mom hates me and i need help

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. We are sorry to hear about the way things have been going for you at home. It sounds like that you are experiencing a lot of difficulties with your mother. Constantly arguing and not being able to effectively communicate with your parents can become frustrating and emotionally draining. It sounds like your relationship with your father may be a little bit better because he seems to understand you. Is your father aware that your mother wants to send you off to military school? And if so, how does he feel about that? It seems that you are able to communicate with your father. Have you discussed your feelings with your father? Have you considered trying to arrange a family meeting where you are able to talk to your mom while having your dad’s support?

We are non-direct and we do not give advice, however, we would like to and can discuss with you options. If you would like to speak to us live, you can contact 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or via Live Chat by visiting www.1800runaway.org and clicking on the red button. We wish you the best and look forward to hearing from you. We understand that being a teenager can be challenging especially when you are having difficulties with your parent(s); and that’s why we are here to provide support and offer referrals if needed.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

my mom hates me im thinking of runing away arter crismas

Comment

• ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through some intense stuff and we want to support you. Whether or not you feel like you need to run away is up to you and whether or not you feel safe where you are. We would be happy to help you in whatever way we can. We can provide referrals to mental health resources, shelters, legal advocacy, among other things. We can also just talk you through whatever your situation is and help you figure out what your options are. We aim to empower youths and we prioritize your safety and your well-being. If you are interested in anything that we have to offer, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 or chat us at 1800runaway.org.

Take care,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X