Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can She Do?

I live with my mom in (state) right now I am 15 years old and I also have a daughter who is 5 months. My mom and I do nothing but fight because my dad and her don't get a lont she won't let me go there. I am on probation and papers have to be signed before I can go anyway my dad said he would sign them so I can go to (state) to live with him. I am afraid that my mother will tell me to go and then report me as a runaway (she did it with my sister) she also used my niece to get a hold of my sister which I have a daughter and if my mom reports me as a run away she can file for temporary custody and WILL file. No body really has custody of us it's just up in the air? Can she report me? What if she told me to go and then reported me?

(name)<3

Re: What Can She Do?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your story with us. You seem to be going through an intense situation right now. Is there anyone that is supporting you (currently on your side/advocating for you)? But if you leave with your mom's permission, you could probably get it in writing-that she is giving you permission to go with your dad because if she decides to call you in as a runaway, she can.

Do you have a case worker/probation officer that can help out and give you some local legal recources/ideas? They would probably have a better idea on what you can and can't do.

If you feel like you come to a dead end and want to find other options, give us a call at 1800RUNAWAY so we can talk about what else can be done. Best of luck and we hope to hear from you soon.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X