Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel really stupid but I don't know what to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel really stupid but I don't know what to do.

It seems like everyone on here is 16 or 18.... I'm 21 so this all feels really stupid but I'm frustrated. I have no car, I live 400 miles away from my real parents (my dad is a drunk and I don't want to go back to that), I've living with my boyfriends' parents. He is unemployed I'm unemployed. The last job I had was beyond stressful and there is a lot of fights between his parents and I because we don't have jobs. I don't want to live here anymore but he "can't" get a job. The few places in town that are hiring he has already worked and been fired from because he won't deal with unfair treatment. Every time I bring up working, he asks me why I can't get a job, I don't think he really understands what I went through at my old job... The friends that I had from work all disowned me when I had a mental break down at work, and my college friends live far away now because they all have jobs (I am a college drop out to yippie)

I have no where to go and no way to get there. We don't have anything helpful in our town besides a social services who won't do anything for me, a police station and a hospital. The town is so small everyone knows me and would bring me back here. I can't stand it here anymore. I need to get away from here and I am trying to plan a runaway but I can't think of anywhere to go. Which makes me even more frustrated and feel trapped.

I need help.

RE: I feel really stupid but I don't know what to do.

Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard.

It sounds like you’re looking for help dealing with your current situation. You are 21, unemployed, and living with your boyfriend’s parents. You are far from your own parents, and are not very interested in going back to them, as your father has an alcohol addiction. Furthermore, your boyfriend’s parents are unhappy that you and your boyfriend are unemployed, and you have both been struggling to maintain employment.

You state that you have nowhere to go, and no means of transportation. You feel that there are no services to help people, as well as no means to leave, in your small town.

This sounds like a stressful situation, and it is understandable that you would feel frustrated. You want to leave your town, but you don’t know where you should plan to go, or how you should plan to get there.

One option you have is to call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929) – we are available 24 hours a day, every day. We are not going to tell you what to do, we are not judgmental, and we are completely confidential. Our mission is to keep you as safe as possible. We can talk your situation over with you, help you decide what your options are, explore other options, and ultimately help you come up with a plan to stay safe while getting the assistance you require.

You also have the option of calling your local 211 community referral hotline from any landline telephone. 211 is like 411, except that 411 is for when you know what you need the number for, while 211 is for when you know what you need, but you don’t know who provides that thing. For example, you could call 211 and ask for help finding transportation, housing, employment, counseling, and more.

The database your local 211 operator uses will be more locally-based that ours, since we are a national agency, but we are also able to help you look up options like this.

We’re glad you decided to contact us today, and we wish you the best of luck. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in the future if you need help.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I have thought about it for a while again and I am not finding options. I am setting up a plan. I still don't know where I can go. I am a woman and I don't want to run away and be raped and murdered. Is there a resource where I can find somewhere to go? Do churches still let people say in there or is that just old time folk lore?

Comment

I feel really stupid but I don't know what to do.

Hi,
        Thank you for Contacting NRS.
        We are sorry to hear you are in a situation that has you looking for an option out.
        You are very right in being concerned with your safety so it’s very good you are thinking of putting together a safe plan of action.
        At NRS we have a national data base that allows us to search for resources that may be in your area.
        This information may include churches with shelter programs.
        To learn more about what referrals we might have for your area please call our 1-800-Runaway crisis hotline.
        One of our liners would be happy to assist you.
        There are other options to contact NRS if you are unable to call.
        You can choose to continue using the NRS bulletin board for assistance.
        You can contact us by email at [email protected] or by utilizing our NRS Chat Room at:
        www.1800runaway.org .
        To get direct help in your area you can dial 311 for United Way Services for information and referrals.
        We hope you continue to be safe.
        Thank you again for contacting NRS.
        Take Care
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X