No announcement yet.

17 and pregnant, 18 in 2 months. Dad's crazy. :(

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17 and pregnant, 18 in 2 months. Dad's crazy. :(

    Alright, so I live with my dad in WV. I'm currently 14 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My baby's dad is around and works in a dental lab. Basically, my mom left us when we were little so my dad has been the soul provider this whole time. The only problem is that he's a very heavy drinker and loves cursing and screaming. He opens all my mail, so he suspected I was pregnant last night (doctor bill), and told me if I was that he'd shoot me and himself in the f-in head. So I lied! I don't think he means these things, but It's scary at times. I love him to death, but can't take this emotional abuse. And my belly is getting bigger and bigger. I also need to go to the doctor, but am too scared that my dad will find out. So my plan is to just leave and live with my boy friend's parents extra room, (which is like 25 minutes away and they're really good people) until my boy friend gets our place. I have my GED so I'm done with school. I have a car and am looking for a steady job before the baby's born. I just want to leave and leave my dad a letter explaining everything so I don't have to be around when he blows up. Is that a good idea or will I get in trouble??

  • #2
    Re: 17 and pregnant, 18 in 2 months. Dad's crazy.


    Thank you for reaching out to us. Sounds like there is a lot of stuff going on and you're not DOES seem scary when you're dad says that stuff even if you know he won't do that.

    You're saying that you want to leave and leave your dad a note so he can find out that way and so you don't have to be around to see his reaction? Not a bad idea. Do you feel like you'll still have to deal with his reaction a day or two later?

    It's a tough call; since you are 17 still, you are considered a minor until you are 18 and if you do leave your dad can make a runaway report. With that report, it is 'technically' illegal for anyone to let you live in their home and there is a chance your boyfriend's parents (or anyone else) can get into legal trouble.

    The threat your dad made might not be serious but it sounds like it was serious enough to scare you. If you feel unsafe you can make an abuse report against your dad because of his threats. Sometimes those threats can be taken seriously by social services and they might say that you can live somewhere else. That's only if they think home is not safe and the threats are valid.

    Here is the information just in case:

    WV Child Abuse Reporting

    If you want to explore this a bit more, you are welcome to call in to our hotline and explore what options you have available. We can go through different plans of action and see what you'd prefer to do. We are available 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

    Best of luck,
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 02-28-2012, 08:16 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp