need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

my parents are thinking about getting a divorse they have no time for mer and when ever they do they only look at the negative things i do in my life i feel like running away because i hate hearing them fight. What should i do?

Re: Need Help

Hi there,
    Thanks so much for feeling that you can come to us for help. It sounds like things are getting pretty stressful at home for you and your family and we are sorry to hear that. We can't tell you whether or not you should leave but we are more than happy to talk with you about what is going on and try to help you make up your own mind on what you feel is best.
    Divorce can be really hard and even harder when you are constantly hearing negative things and feel like no one cares to put in any effort for you. Have you ever been able to express how you feel to your parents? This of course can be really difficult but it also has the potential to help things get better. Do you have anyone else that you feel comfortable talking with about things like friends, other family members, teachers, or counselors? Sometimes reaching out to people just to be able to talk and get another point of view, or just a shoulder to lean on can be of great help.
    If you are thinking of running away, we hope that you will be able to stay safe. Here are some things you can think about:
    •What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    •What would make me stay at home?
    •How will I survive?
    •Is running away safe?
    •Who can I count on to help me?
    •Am I being realistic?
    •Have I given this enough thought?
    •What are my other options?
    •If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    •When I return home, what will happen?
    We are more than happy to talk with you about all of these things and whatever else we can to help if you can call us. We are always available because we are here 24/7 to help you at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous and confidential as well as free from any payphone if you need. You can also chat with us from 4:30-11:30 pm CST everyday.
    We hope to hear from you soon so we can talk with you about whats going on and help you make these tough decisions.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X