Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family

my family is always agravating me and i just hate my life. they all like my sister more

RE: Family

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to tell your story. We imagine there is a great deal going on right now as you try to make sense of what is happening in your life but it may help you in some way if you were to contact us in person over the phone. The reason why we say this is because it may help to speak to someone directly if you are seeking emotional support and resources local to you.

We want to hear all about what you causing the tension at home. How are you coping with it? It sounds like there may be some family dynamics at play for why you may be hating your life right now. Who do you get along with in your family? It seems the issues that stem from your parents showing more attention to your sister is causing some triggers for you. Have you sat down with everyone to tell how this is making you feel?

We are a confidential hotline dedicated to your needs 24 hours a day if you wish to call us at 1800RUNAWAY. You do not have to be a runaway to call us for support. We can talk about alternatives to helping you cope or ways to survive living there if you wish to stay at home. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime if you need us. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

father is cheating on my mother

my father is always having affairs and i see him checking women out all the time it really screws me up and distracts me i fight with both of my parents a few times a week and i want to know what i should do ive stuglled knowing about the affairs for abput 8 years and it has been a tremendous burden next time im mad at him im thinking about telling him what should i do?

Comment

RE: father is cheating on my mother

Hello, thank you for directing your question to us at the National Runaway Switchboard.

It sounds like you are concerned about your father, and possibility that he is being unfaithful to your mother. It also sounds like you have frequent arguments with both your mom and your dad, although it’s not clear whether these arguments have to do with your father’s possible cheating, or are just more general family disagreements.

We don’t give advice, so we can’t tell you what to do. However, we are free to talk with you, and help you figure out what you want to do next. Feel free to call us any time, 24 hours a day, at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) to discuss your situation. We are also available to chat online from 4:30pm-10pm every day.

Generally speaking, when people are in a similar situation to the one you find yourself in, they try a variety of options to solve the issue. Some people try to have an open, honest conversation about their feelings. Other people go to an impartial third party to talk, or to mediate. The third party is sometimes a counselor, or a pastor, or a friend/family member. Can you think of anyone you trust that you can talk to about what’s on your mind?

If you are still unsure of what to do next, feel free to give us a call at the number above. Take care of yourself, and good luck with everything!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Should I go?

Hi, I'm a 14 yr old girl, and i know its really risky to run away..especially for a young girl. I've just been thinking about it for a long time. My parents do not hit me or abuse me sexually, but they yell alot. Its kinda stupid because they aren't really doing anything wrong, but I just don't want to be here anymore. i keep thinking i want to go. My little sister is horrible. Everything is about her and I've told my parents how i feel and they just sorta laugh now. She is manipulative towards everyone and lies to create rumors about me in school. I've never done anything except listen to her and sometimes I will sneak up behind her and tickle her, but is that really mean hearted? I do it with good intentions. I just want to play with my little sister. I want to help her change, but I've given up. If it doesn't help her then its a waste of time. Another problem is school. I'm sort of the typical middle school girl. Bullied with low self esteem and two faced friends. I was bullied physically in fifth and sixth grade physically but then one of the bullies left the state and in seventh grade I got bigger and more importantly stronger and fought back. But in seventh I started to internalize and cut and I tried to kill myself twice by slitting my wrists but I just wouldn't bleed which confused me because I cut right where I could see an artery. Sometimes I wish it had worked. Would have been easier.. I started lying about how i got injuries and now in eighth grade the lies have backfired on me. I go to a prep school that doesn't forgive unless you can buy your way out, but thats not how I work. I'm also Athiest and everyone at school found out. That wasn't as bad as when my mom found out though. She hasn't looked at me the same since..that was four monthes ago. I go to church to try to make her happy, but it all feels like a lie. I dont have any substance issues though.. I just don't know. I think I should.

Comment

RE: Should I go?

Hello, and thanks for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard.

It sounds like you’re thinking about running away from home. You state that your parents yell a lot, and that you don’t really want to be at home anymore. You also state that your little sister is difficult for you to deal with, and to connect with. You state that you’ve been bullied at school in the past. You also have practiced cutting, and even attempted suicide by cutting. Now you are at a new school, and are struggling for acceptance with your Atheist beliefs. Finally, you state that your mom is disappointed in your Atheism.

This is a lot for anyone to handle. We are grateful that you chose to contact us. Your strength and bravery as you’ve endured these challenges is admirable.

If you’re thinking about killing yourself, one option might be to contact the National Suicide Hotline. They are open 24 hours a day at 1-800-273-8255, and are ready to talk. They are very familiar with cutting practices as well.
            We want to help you stay as safe as possible. For that reason, you may want to call us to talk. Our call center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929). We are 100% confidential and anonymous, and are here to listen. You can also chat with us via this web site – just click the big red button between 4:30pm and 11:30pm Central time, any day.

Good luck, and take care of yourself.

~NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X