I don't now what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't now what to do

I don't now whta to do no more I have problems at home and they only get worse every day I was abused as a chiled by a family member and I didn't tell my familly because I felt I was protecting them from a disapointment I feel like I've sacrificed a lot for my familly and all I hear is that my brother is the good perfect son they always wante.....I've tried to do the best in school and in everything I can but my brother always the perfect I've even tried to be more of a disapointment to my parents but they didn't even notice me one bit I've tried to kill myself many times but none succeded I've even tried to runaway but all that came to my mind was where would I go and what would I do to support my self I really just don't now what my life is worth no more .

RE: I don't know what to do

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us – you are taking a courageous step. This must be a difficult situation for you, and reaching out for help is a positive choice. We want to help you find the help you need.

It sounds like you are feeling frustrated at home, working really hard at school, and having a hard time feeling like your parents appreciate you. That is tough to deal with. Have you talked to anyone in your family about how you feel? If you did, what do you think would happen?

You raise several important issues, starting with being an abuse victim when you were younger, and keeping it a secret. You show tremendous strength for carrying this information all by yourself. Have you ever talked about this with an adult or a counselor? Talking it over can be helpful for some people. If you decide to share this information with an adult or counselor, remember that teachers and counselors are legally required to report abuse if they become aware of it.

One resource that may be helpful is the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline. 1-800-4-A-CHILD is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. The Hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are anonymous and confidential, and they are available 24 hours a day.

You also said that you have tried to kill yourself many times. While we are always available to talk about suicidal feelings, or any feelings, one particular resource we offer is called the National Suicide Prevention Helpline at 1800-273-TALK (8255). They are also available 24 hours a day.

If leaving home seems like the only answer to your current situation, ask yourself these questions first.

• What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    • What would make me stay at home?
    • How will I survive?
    • Is running away safe?
    • Who can I count on to help me?
    • Am I being realistic?
    • Have I given this enough thought?
    • What are my other options?
    • If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    • When I return home, what will happen?

We do not give advice, but we are a resource if you are thinking about running away. Any time you have a question, need support or resources in your area, you can contact us here by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929). You can also chat online by visiting our web site, http://www.1800RUNAWAY.org – we are available to talk about anything 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact us if you need anything – we are pulling for you to stay strong.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X