Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living on the Streets is Better Than This!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living on the Streets is Better Than This!!!!!!!!

My mother and I have always had a bad relationship. She always screams at me. It feels like the world is coming to an end. I used to just listen and cry after. But I can't take it anymore. Today we had a really bad fight and she cursed at me. I was really scared that she was going to hit me(she has done that before). I ran upstairs and packed my bag. Then I went online to find out where I could go. It lead me to this. I want to tell you that i am sick and tired of getting treated like this. My parents don't understand and it gets me really ticked off. Anywhere is better that living in this place!!! I want to runaway but I don't know where to go... that's the only thing that it stopping me.

Living on the streets is better than this!!!!!!!

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard.
    We are really sorry that you and your mom are at odds. It sounds like it really has you frustrated.
    Being yelled at can be pretty hurtful it’s too bad your mom doesn’t exercise better judgment in how she communicates with you.
    How often do you argue? You mentioned that you were scared that she might hit you and that it has happened before. When this occurs is there a safe place you can go? We mean like your room or to a relative or friends home. Your safety is very important. What measures can you take to avoid getting into such heated exchanges with your mom? Is your relationship with your father better? Perhaps he can be a sounding board for you. It sounds like you feel your parents don’t understand something that could be going on with you. How would you feel about having a third party sit down with you and your parents to mediate a conversation between you? Someone like a counselor or perhaps another adult you trust. We understand the frustration you’ve expressed. Everyone wants their voice to be heard especially with the people closest to you. It’s okay that you feel you are to the point that you want to just runaway. The fact that you are taking the time to think it through shows you are demonstrating could decision making qualities. It’s important that no matter how angry or upset you might be that you are safe. You said you really have nowhere to go so that’s why you have not left. This brings us back to the issue of a relative or friend you can go to. Even if it’s just to take a timeout. Do you think your parents would agree to let you stay with a relative or friend? The option would be to provide you and your mom some space to let things calm down. If that is not an option would staying in neutral areas of the house work? Places like your room or sitting outside might help. Listening to music or watching a movie might give you an escape. There may also be runaway shelters or drop in centers in your city and state. We have a national data base and could look into to that option for you. Runaway shelters can also provide a cooling down period. They would however contact you parents for permission to stay. How does that sound? We hope things improve with you and your mom in the near future. You are welcome to call our 1-800-Runaway 24hr hotline. We are here to listen. Perhaps calling would also prove to be a good way of venting your feeling and frustrations. We can discuss further other options that might help you to deal with your situation. Thanks again for reaching out to the National Runaway Switchboard.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 06-23-2011, 01:16 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X