Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to run away, but i dont know when or where i'll go?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Me and 2 friends

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you fear for your friend that she is being abused. Nobody deserves to be abused or made to feel unwanted in their own home. Just to let you know, we are mandated reporters. This means that if you felt comfortable sharing information such as names, times of abuse and addresses, we would be required by law to report it to child protective services or the police. Your teachers or counselors are also mandated reporters. You can also call the police directly, or we could call along with you.

You mentioned that your other friend is getting bullied at school. Has he told a teacher or his parents about it? Here is a good resource for your friend to check out if he is unsure of what to do about the bullying. http://www.stopbullying.gov/.

If you did run away, do you have a safe place to go? Here at the National Runaway Safeline we cannot tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We can however help you find a safe place to stay temporarily, offer counseling or other resources. We can help you explore other options and come up with a solid plan for what to do next. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. Feel free to pass along our number to your friends as well. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

• help

My family just tries to ignore me like they never wanted me im only ten and in the fifth grade i feel depressed i want to suicide but never had my friends say i shouldn't run away they love me my boyfriend thinks i shouldn't help me

Comment

• RE: help

Hello,
        We are sorry to hear you are going through this right now. It's not a good feeling to be ignored. It sounds like you are really having a tough time right now and alot of sad feelings, and are unsure what to do. It does seem like you have a friends who care about you and love you and want to help you. Have you tried talking to someone, like a school counselor or therapist? You mentioned you have been thinking about suicide. The National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK is a good resource to reach out too. It may be hard to open up to someone new and a stranger. We also have a 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY or 1-800-786-2929 or our chat services as well. We hope this helps and thank you for contacting the NRS.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

Comment

• i want to run away,but i dont know when or where i'll go?

i cant believe this is someone elese writing this its sounds like my life accept i dont have an older sister just three younger brothers on my fathers side and im in fith grade to my moms yells at me when i just say mom too and today she said sometimes she wish she wasnt a mother an d im like well i didnt ask to be here i didnt ask for you to lay down with my fatheer so im just want to run away

Comment

• re: i want to run away,but i dont know when or where i'll go?

Thanks for joining in this thread. Sometimes it can be re-assuring to know that you are not the only one going through something, even if it is a difficult family or home situation. It's great that you felt comfortable jumping in on here and sharing your experience. You mentioned that you want to runaway. Have you ever runaway before? We are here for you 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY or from 4:30-11:30pm CST via live chat. Please reach out to us if you need anything else.

Take care,
            NRS

Tell us what you think about your experience!
            https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

• I want to runnaway

im in 7th grade and I want to runnaway cause my aunt treats me like crap cause she threw my shoes at me

Comment

• Need a place to run away to, where should I go?

Me and 3 friends get bullied ALOT at school and home. We don't know why everyone hates but at we have each other one of my friends is actually my girlfriend. The others are guys we are all 13, and are planning to leave. Please tell us a good place to run away to. We thought Florida or st.louis

Comment

• RE: I want to runaway

Hi there,

We are glad you contacted us. No one deserves to be abused! We are here 24/7 and are a good place for you to discuss your situation and explore options. We should mention that we are completely anonymous, confidential and non directive, so your privacy is safe. We can call the police or child protective services as well for you if you are comfortable with that. There are many resources we can provide and often just having a good place to talk is very helpful. Call us at 1-800-(RUNAWAY) 786-2929 or live chat with us from 4:30PM to 11:30PM CST at www.1800ruanway.org. We hope to hear from you soon and please stay safe.

- NRS

Comment

• re: Need a place to run away to, where should I go?

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. No one deserves to get bullied and we’re sorry to hear about what’s happening to you and your friends. Have you told anyone besides your friends about the situation? It can be hard to know what to do when you’re getting bullied and talking it out with someone can be a great first step.

Stopbullying.gov has a lot of great resources and ideas to help get through these tough times and even prevent other people from getting bullied. If you want to talk to someone, but you’re not sure who, you can call NRS any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are also here from 4:30-11:30pm CST for live chat. Take care.

Comment

• Stress

Hi I am in 9th grade I want to run away because I feel my family does not understand me I have been through a lot with bullying jail and others and I can't take it anymore I have no where to go but I don't want to stay here anymore I don't blame my family it's just they don't understand so therefore they can't help.....

Comment

• RE: Stress

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation right now. Nobody deserves to be bullied. It must be very hurtful to feel like nobody understands you. You said that you want to leave, but that you do not have anywhere to go. If you want to talk to somebody right away, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. You can also reach us through this website during the hours of our live crisis chat, which runs from 4:30pm to 11:30pm Central Standard Time. All of our services are anonymous and confidential, and the hotline is open 24/7. We might be able to help you find a solution if we hear a little bit more about your situation. We can provide you with support and resources, and maybe even find someplace where you can stay. It can be very hard to feel like no one understands you, and sometimes talking to someone can really help. We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Best of luck,

NRS

Comment

• I'm under alot of frustration and I have tried to talk to my aunt an my boyfriend about running away, they told me not to run away but I need to get out of the place that I am living. I've tried to end my life about 5 times but I have failed every time so I was thinking about running away. No one will help me and I don't know what to do. I live with my grandparents and my sister. All my grandparents to is cuss and fuss; anytime that I want to talk or do anything with my sister she screams at me and tells me all kids of things. I don't want to live anymore but I think Jesus wants me to live. Someone please help me!

Comment

• re:

Thanks so much for following up with us. It sounds like things are really hard for you right now and we are so glad that you are reaching out for help. Family issues can be really hard to handle and it sounds like you are not feeling emotionally safe right now. Is there anyone that you can reach out to for support? You mentioned that you have been suicidal and that you don’t want to live right anymore, but it seems like you feel there is a purpose for you to be alive. Your faith seems to be something that is important to you and something you consider when you think about ending your life. That’s great that you have encouragement through that. Is there anyone through your faith community you can talk to about what you are going through?

You are very strong for coping with these feelings and you are definitely not alone. We want you to know that you can always call us or even the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) if you are feeling suicidal. If you want to hurt yourself or commit suicide and need help immediately, you can also always call 911. Because we are confidential and anonymous we cannot send help directly to you, but we are absolutely here to help connect you with the support that you need. We are here 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY. Take care and don’t hesitate to call.

-NRS

Comment

• I want to run away

I know I'm young, I'm only 12, but I want to run away. It's not because or school, stress, or bullying, it's all because of my family. I get in trouble a lot because my family always lies 2 older brothers and 1 younger. My younger brother gets special treatment from my mom especially but today my dad started taking his side on everything. I also think my dad tries to put fear in us about him. My older brothers also abuse me and threaten me. I think this is abuse but I'm not sure, but occasionally when my mom got mad at me she'd sink her nails into my arms/hands. I want to run away or kill myself, which I never had the guts to do. Except I can't run away because I get sick a lot and need medicine. Please help.

Comment

• Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a stressful situation at home right now and it’s great that you contacted us for assistance. It was very courageous of you to tell us about what’s going on and hopefully we can help you stay safe.

It sounds like your family is abusive towards you and that your younger brother gets special treatment from your parents. It also sounds as if your older brothers are physically abusive towards you also. Nobody deserves to feel unsafe or scared at home; we are sorry to hear about all of this. Have you ever talked with anyone else about what’s going on? Having a supportive adult in your life may also be able to help you stay safe and help you make a plan. Also, some adults are considered to be mandated reporters and may be able to help you file an abuse report if this is something you would like to pursue; those people may be teachers or police, just to name a few. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are also mandated reporters so if you would like to file a report that is something we can help you with.

It sounds like you have considered killing yourself or running away from home. When you think about hurting yourself or killing yourself, can you tell us more what that looks like for you? If you feel like that again, you can call the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-8255) and they can also talk with you about what you are feeling. You also mentioned that you had thought about running away but you can’t because you get sick a lot. If you were to leave home, do you have a plan or a safe place to go? One thing we can do is help you find a shelter and make calls to them to see if they have availabilities for you.

We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we are completely confidential and anonymous. We also have live chat options that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week if you are more comfortable talking with us that way instead; the chat can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                x
                                Working...
                                X