No announcement yet.

What do we do?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do we do?

    My husbands ex-wife has resorted to allowing their 15 yr olds girlfriend move into her house. This is beleived to be an effort in order to prevent their son from staying at our house as they share custody. My husband and I are extremely concerned for obvious reasons. Not that it makes a difference but the Mother leaves them unsupervised a lot. We have only met the girl once and believe that she was living with her brother and his son will not tell him were the parents live. Is it illegal for the mother to allow this in her home?

  • #2
    re: what do we do?

    Sounds like a very complicated situation and one that would best be explored with a legal advisor. It seems like if a youth is given permission by their legal guardian to stay at a specific location, it can be deemed appropriate. Do you know if the parent has granted the young girl permission? If not, then there could be some consequences if the parents are against this.

    But again, this is something that were are not experts at and might best be handled by an attorney. For that, please search online for Legal Aid (city/state) and proceed to contact them. Sometimes contacting the non-emergency police department may be helpful. If you need both of those numbers, please give us a city and state and we can look up numbers for you.

    Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp