Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some type of guidance..

I'm getting accused of stealing my grandma's credit card, I had used it and she had lost it after that.. I used it to put gas in my car and i gave her the ten dollars back in cash.. But my mother is a paralegal and works at the prosecutor's office and my uncle is the prosecutor.. My mom thinks I did when I really didn't so they want to charge me with a bunch of felonies and I'm sixteen. I've went to JDC (Juvinelle Detention Center) and I went for running away twice.. I want to run away again because my step dad has been yelling at me all morning and telling me I'm a huge embarrassment and my mom is going to get fired and this is all my fault. And my mom won't talk to me, she always expects the worst from me when I'm honestly not a bad kid..
    I struggle with depression really bad also, this is starting to push me over the edge and I'm scared I'm going to do something to hurt myself before this is over. I can't go back to JDC, i cannot take it.. I want to run away until I'm eighteen then just move out of state. But I don't turn eighteen until next year in November.. I'm not sure what to do..
    I'm thinking of taking my car and running away to a friends house who lives in the middle of no where and hiding my car behind his house for a couple of days then eventually coming home because I don't think I could leave my mom for a whole year and a half.. I just can't stand it right now and I need to get away and no one will let me leave..

Please help me in some sort of way.

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now and we’re glad that you have chosen to reach out for assistance. We are a crisis line for youth so hopefully we can provide you with some resources.

It sounds like you are having a difficult time with your family right now and being blamed for a lot of things. We’re sorry to hear that this is going on and we’re here to help you out the best we can. From what you said, your family believes that you took your grandma’s credit card and want to press charges against you but you are saying that you returned it to her. Have you had the opportunity to ask your grandma if she remembered you returning it? What do you think would happen if you tried talking to your mom privately? It sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with her.

You said that you’ve run away twice before; what happened those times that made you run away? We’re sorry to hear that your stepdad is making you want to run away again today. What is your relationship with him like? It must be difficult to hear him yelling at you and saying those things to you.

How long have you struggled with depression? Are there things that you’ve tried in the past when you’ve felt depressed? You said that you hope you won’t hurt yourself before this is over; have you hurt yourself before? If you feel like hurting yourself, you can call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and they will talk to you about what’s going on. You can also call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

You mentioned that you are thinking of running away and staying with your friend. Do you think he would allow for you to stay there? What do you think your parents would do?

We here at the National Runaway Switchboard are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can call us anytime you want to talk or if you have any questions. We can also try to locate local resources such as counseling/therapy, legal assistance or shelter. Please call us anytime, we look forward to hearing from you.

Best of luck,

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X