Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

I am the middle child in a famliy I have been told constantly that I'm stupid not as good as my older sibling and not included in the famliy as much as everyone else. back with my dad I was the only child and I was treated fairly. I want to go back but I keep switching back and forth. So I think I going to run away back to him

Re: I need help

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard and sharing your story. I am so sorry that you’re going through this. No one deserves to be compared to all the time and made to feel bad about themselves, especially from their own family. It must be rough having to go back and forth all the time. You’re brave for contacting us for help.

If you want to go back to your dad, is it possible to call him and ask for help in the situation? Does he know what is going on at your current home? Just to be clear so we can give you the best information possible, what kind of help were you looking for? If you’re looking for some specific information you can call Justice for Children (1800-733-0059) and/or Child Help USA (1800-422-4453). They give out legal advice and information specifically to help youth.

If you need to talk to someone about this we are a confidential hotline available 24/7 so you can call us any time to discuss the situation and talk about what options. We also have live chat from 4:30-7:00pm CST Monday-Friday.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X