Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im too scared to tell!

My family are huge catolics. The problem is,...I'm not. It's not like i hate god or people that believe in him, i just dont. I dont have really any religous views. I want to tell my parents but im too scared to! I've thought about running away but im not sure. How will they react? should i just run away? Do i just keep it a secret?????

Im too scared to tell

Hi there,
    Thank you for posting and sharing your feelings with us here at the National Runaway switchboard. It sounds like you are going through a personal struggle at home and we're sorry that this is happening. Unfortunately we cannot tell you what you should do as we are non-directive and cannot give you advice. No one can ever know your situation like you do so ultimately you will have to make these decisions.

It's great that you want to be honest with your family. At this point it sounds like it may be beneficial to make a pros and cons list about this issue. Something like...

PROS: get it off my chest
    Be honest
    Etc Etc

CONS: awkward at home
    fights about church
    etc etc

Obviously this is just an example as I do not know what your list is going to look like but if you can look at your reason for both you may be able to better make a decision on what you should do. You can ask yourself, "what is the benefit of me telling my parents about this?" or What will I do if they get mad at me?"

If you were to decide to run away there are some things you can think about:
    http://1800runaway.org/youth_teens/nrs_help.html (under Before You Run)
    We would like to make sure you have a safe plan and if you do not you can always call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY where were are confidential, anonymous, and 24/7. Again, we are sorry that we cannot tell you what to do or how they will react, but if you can think of their possible responses and come up with a plan B for each of those that might be of some great help to you if you do decide to talk about this with them. If you have any other family or friends that may be able to help you prepare or help you sit down and talk with them sometimes this can help. We can also make a Conference Call with you to your parents and help mediate the conversation.
    If you would like to talk about this further or would like to use any of our services please give us a call anytime, we will be here.
    Good luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X