X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I Do?!?!

Dear NRS,
    I'm 12 years old and I'm just not happy where I am. My mom is always furious at me and I am not sure why. I really want to run away but I'm not sure if I should. What should i do?

Re: What Do I DO?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us for support and services. It sounds like you are having a tough time where you are. Do you feel safe at home? What do you think your mother is going through for why she may furious at you all the time? We consider your safety our number one priority.

We are confidential and anonymous but also function as mandatry reporters so if you were not safe and wanted to file a report that is something we can do for you. However, we do not offer advice or tell you what to do. We are here to offer options and try to help you figure out what you may feel is the best option for you.

If you were to run away, how will you survive? Where will you stay? We have a database of resources if you were to ever consider other options. What are your alternatives to leaving home? Have you thought of sitting down with your mother and someone to discussed how you feel?

Running away is not illegal but you get a status offense if you did leave and may be returned home if you are found. You may also be faced with some limitations for places to stay if you do not have permission to stay anywhere. Do you think you will have permission from her to stay somewhere such as a shelter or a relative?

We want you to know that we are here for you and hope that you can call us directly for support over the phone. We can be reached 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential but still can function in a way that is beneficial to you. We wish you the best and hope to hear from you soon.

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X