Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents are Stressing Me Out

I am an average sophomore and i havent gotten really good grades till my freshman year of high school and then I felt good about myself and then I got really depressed ever since September and I havent been able to come out of it. My parents keep pushing me to play the trumpet and I liked it at first and then I dident really want to do it any more but they keep making me do it and I cant tell them how I fell because my dad is really behind me playing the trumpet and whenever I bring the subject up of quiting they just yell at me and say you are doing it. If that isnt enough they make me go to a private tutiror and they make me do solo competitions which I HATE a lot and my friends kept being mean to me just by taunting me and my parents were yelling at me all the time mainly my dad calling me an ass hole and my mom calling me a ********** then I just wanted to end it all. It got so bad that I tought of ending it all where ever I could if I was on the streets and depressed then I would just run out in front of a car or if I was at school in the cafeteria I would just stab myself with a fork. But not until recently I have gotten out of my deppression a little and instead of ending it I would just run away and I know if I run away I can never come back.

Re: Parents Are Stressing Me Out

Hello,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us for direct support. We are here for you and glad to help you figure out better ways to cope. We are not here to tell you what to do but we certainly care and think of your safety as our number one priority. It helps us to get a clear sense of what is happening with you from the start and from what you are saying it sounds like you are having a hard time right now. You also seem to be hinding at ending your life. Does anyone else knows about your thoughts and feelings? It sounds like there were great moments before when things were looking up but the pressures you face continues to add up.

Have you thought of seeing a counselor? It may help to see whether it persuing that avenue may help. Do you think it can help if you had the opportunity to talk about how you feel? We do not give advice but we are a 24 hour resource that offers direct emotional support and resources. You are not alone. We want to help. You are also able to talk to us from our chat link Talk To Me on our website from 4:30pm-6:30pm currently until we expand it more later on.

Another resource you may want to try if you are feeling like talking is the National Suicide Hotline. They are 24 hours and can help you if you are not safe. We are more confidential and anonymous and will not be able to send help if you needed it since we have no real way of knowing where you are and how to locate you. The National Suicide Hotline has that capability and we do not. Can you get your parents or someone who they listen to in the a conversation to get them to open up about how you are feeling?

It sounds like the issue comes down to you wanting to do something you enjoy instead of having it force on you. If the issue is grades there is the likelihood of a tutor as you stated whereas the music piece sounds like a matter of finding something or another activity you like. Do you have other things you are interested in? It may help to fill your days with events that can be distracting from home or just the thoughts you are having right now. It sounds like you have moments where you feel good when you are accomplishing things for yourself. What are some things you can do to get back to this feeling again?

If you did leave where will you go and how will you survive? It sounds like you have been able to narrow down an idea for dealing with stress but you do not have a plan. Do you have relatives you can stay with? Have you considered a place to stay if you want to cool off from home? We have info on places such as shelters if you need to get away if your parents will allow it. We are here for you and wish that you call soon, if possible. We can be reached 24 hours a day at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential and anonymous. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I am 16 and my parents are not physically abusive but they do lower my self esteem alot by yelling and saying stuff like " you arnt going to go anywhere in life." and " your going to end up out on the street." I have been considering running away for a while, it seems like the only thing i have done lately is fight with them. It has been distancing me from the rest of my family and making me really upset, so i go off on anyone that is messing with me. The other day i herd my mom and 8 year old brother tlking and he asked her why i didnt love him. It broke my heart, with all the fighting i have been doing with my parents it has affected my younger sibblings and i believe if i leave everyone will be happier. I told my parents I didnt want to live here anymore and they said that i was thier responsibility and i wasnt leaving. I have a family that has agreed to take me in but my parents said they would report me as a runaway and they know where ill be going so ill just be returned home. I dont know what to do and would like help.

Comment

Re: Parents Are Stressing Me Out

We’re sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve had with your family lately – that isn’t easy to deal with for anyone. To hear that your young brother thinks you don’t love him would be tough to manage.

Have you tried talking about your feelings and concerns with your family? If you’re unsure, we can conference call with them and you on the line, and see if a compromise can be worked out – if you want to try that, just give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929).

Regardless, it sounds like you’re under a lot of pressure at home. What do you do to feel better when you’re stressed out? Some people turn to a friend or family member to talk to, some people consult a counselor or a pastor, and many people turn to their favorite activity to alleviate stress.

If you need help finding a counselor , we have a database of resources at our disposal we can use – give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929) or log in to chat at www.1800RUNAWAY.org (4:30pm-10pm Central time), and we’ll be glad to find someone in your area.

We are not legal experts, but we can help you find legal aid in your local area to explain the “age of majority” in your state, or other legal questions you may have regarding running away.

It is important to us that you remain safe. Please do not hesitate to call us 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at www.1800RUNAWAY.org if you need support or resources. We are here to help.

-NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X