How to tell mom.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell mom.

I was wondering how I can tell my mom how her boyfriend makes me feel. He is always making fun of me saying I will fail out of college because I don't have good hand writing and how I am so weak. And she (my mom) just sits there and listens. When I try to tell her something about how rude or mean he is she just says "that's P**t*r" and walks away. How can I confront her about how he makes me feel???

Re: How to Tell Mom

Hi there,
    Thanks for writing us here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It sounds like you're having some struggles at home. We are sorry that you have to go through that. You said that your mom is there when this is happening, does she see the response that you are giving and/or how hurt it is making you? Have you ever tried talking with your mom about this in any other ways? Sometimes things like letters are a good form of communication because you may be able to clearly express how you feel and the recipient may be able to process it better or longer. Do you feel that a third party may be able to help you express your concerns to your mom? We have the ability here to make Conference Calls. This means that if you called us we would be able to call out to your mom and help you speak with her about your concerns. This way we can try to help you get through to her without anything turning into a fight or ending without a conclusion. We could also possibly provide you with local resources to counselors so that you and your mom could go sort through your feelings and talk about options with a professional there to help you if that is something you would like.
    Have you been able to talk with anyone else about this like friends, or anyone at school? Sometimes just letting out your feelings to someone can make you feel at least a little better and it may help you sort out your thoughts. If you can call us here we would be happy to talk with you about what is going on and possibly come up with more options or resources to help. We are 24/7 and free from any payphone at 1-800-Runaway. It can be difficult to be in a place where someone is making you feel bad in this way and we hope that there is a way that you can make yourself feel ok about it all. We are more than happy to talk about some other options with you to at least get this off your mind if you think that would help. We look forward to talking with you.
    Good luck and take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X