i just need another person

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just need another person

I've been thinking of leaving for a year. I dont want to be home anymore. My mom tried to kill herself last year, and i cant find anyone to talk to. Well i did around January but the person has left around February 1st.

My mom she doesnt understand things arent fine, I dont go to school anymore, and she doesnt know.
    And i want to go back its just that I started back when she tried to kill herself, and when i did go back i found out i wouldnt graduate this year. I cant face that. I just want to go some place and leave. I dont consider suicide an option, i still think someone/someplace out there that i belong too. I just want to leave these problems behind, she wont talk to me about anything anymore, she just cries here, she wont tell me why she tried, why she would leave me alone. Im alone i dont talk to anyone, i mean i have friends, but i cant just throw out into conversation, that "i hate everything around me since the day my mom tried to kill herself".

I dont know what to do anymore...

i just need another person

Thank you for sharing your situation with us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are so sorry to hear about your mom’s suicide attempt last year. It sounds like you are an incredibly strong person to have made it this far and feel like you would benefit from talking to someone again. It also sounds like you are hopeful despite everything you’ve gone through which is great too.

One resource that may be helpful is the National Alliance on Mental Illness. They offer an Information Helpline (1-800-950-NAMI) http://www.nami.org/template.cfm?section=Helpline which gives information, referrals, and support to anyone affected by serious mental illness. Another resource that might be about to provide support (including those affected by suicide or suicide attempts, and not necessarily only people who are suicidal) is the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

If you need any additional help finding someone to talk to, we also have a database where we can search for counseling and basic support services. We are anonymous, confidential, and can be reached 24/7, so if you’d like immediate help feel free to give us a call. We wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to find some support so that you don’t feel quite as alone.

Sincerely, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X