Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get birth certificate without id

I don't have my state ID yet or my drivers license, and I don't know my social security number, but I want to get a copy of my birth certificate, but you need an ID, and to get an ID, you need a copy of your birth certificate. So I'm kind of stuck. Do you know of anyone that would help me get one of those items so I can get the others?

BTW, I do have picture school ID's, but they are expired.
  • ccsmod8
    Super Moderator
    • May 2007

Re: how to get birth certificate without id

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We are pleased to hear that you are trying to get your documents together to advance yourself. We imagine it can be a hassle to get work or do other important things without proper documentation. It sounds like there is urgency for the paperwork to work out but there is a likelihood that requesting these documents from the appropriate locale may take some time. May we ask the reason for needing your documents? Do you have parents?

Is there a chance that you could contact your parents for this sort of information? It sometimes comes down to your age range and whether your parents can keep this sort of information from you. We can always point you in the direction of legal resources if you desire to find out your rights and what measures you can take to secure what is yours. One agency you can call is Justice for Children at 1800-733-0059. This agency is known to help develop and implement a full range of solutions to enhance the quality of life for children.

Have you heard of the Social Security Administration? By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use their automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day. If you are trying to sort out the your social security card info, this is one way of doing it or you can go online at http://www.ssa.gov to look into the matter. You can access online forms and get directions to solving some of these life questions you are asking.

The birth certificate issue is more a matter of calling the local state departments. Going online to http://www.cdc.gov, if you have internet access, to use this valuable tool, will mean first determining the state or area where you were born, then click on that state or area. The Center for Disease Control can be reached at 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) 24 Hours/Every Day. This agency is specific to figuring where you were born and how you can access your vital records.

There are guidelines to follow to ensure an accurate response to your request. The federal government does not distribute certificates, files, or indexes with identifying information for vital records. However, applications for these records can be obtained through the U.S. State Department. Accessing an ID would mean first getting your birth certificate or social security number. The next step is seeking out your local Department of Motor Vehicles to apply for an identification card.

We here how frustrating it must feel to be stuck but we want to help where we can. You are not alone. We are here for you to reach out to us directly in person, 24 hours a day, at 1800RUNAWAY. We are confidential and anonymous. We are a federally designated communication, crisis line for youth in crisis. We hope you are safe. Our number one concern is your safety. We wish you to all the best in hopes that things begin to fall into place for you. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Unregistered

I have a friend that he doesn't have a birth certificate,If and a social security and I want to help him get it he needs a job because he is going to be a daddy please help him I got all the information hope it helps

Comment

• ccsmod0
        Super Moderator
        • May 2007

RE:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like you’re a pretty dedicated friend. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you to support him!

This can be a tricky situation. There are some things that you might want to consider. If your friend has any form of identification (state id card, driver’s license, military id, etc.), he can bring those to his local court house. If he doesn’t have any form of identification, in some states he can bring in utility bills, cell phone bills, school registration records or other documents like that.

This seems like a tough situation and we understand how frustrating it can be. There are some resources available to you in figuring it out. One option you have is to contact his local court house for more information. Another option is to contact some legal resources if you desire to find out your rights and what measures you can take to secure what is yours. One agency you can call is Justice for Children at 1800-733-0059.

We hope this helps! If you’d like to talk through some more options, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are available 24/7 and are confidential and anonymous. If calling isn’t your thing, you can chat with us on our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best of luck,

NRS
        Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 11:25 PM.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

• Unregistered

IM 19 years old and i been trying to get my birth certificate since i had 18 years, my mom refuses to give it to me i had try to get it online but they ask me for an id and that the problem,, i need a birth certificate to get my id...

i really dont know what to do i have everything but my birth certificate i dont know what i should do.

Comment

• ccsmod2
            Super Moderator
            • May 2007

RE:

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us what’s going on. It sounds like you are trying to obtain your birth certificate but need your ID to do so. In some states, you don’t need your birth certificate in order to obtain an ID but you do need a verification of your address, such as a piece of mail. In order to find out specifically, you can go to the Secretary of State website for your state or call your local DMV office.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to talk with someone. We also have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
            Last edited by ccsmod13; 02-05-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Unregistered

No ID or Birth Certificate

My friend is trying to get a job and he can't because he doesn't have either ID or his birth certificate. I'm trying to help but I really don't know what to do now. How do we go about this? Also, he doesn't have his SSC either. Help!

Comment

• ccsmod10
                Super Moderator
                • May 2007

RE: No ID or birth certificate

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us on behalf of your friend. It sounds like your friend is looking for a way to support himself financially. It is possible to request a birth certificate from the hospital he was born at, or ask other family members for a copy. Job Corps at 1-800-733-5627 may also be able to help.
                Here at the National Runaway Safeline we can help your friend explore more options and come up with a solid plan for what to do next. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from him and wish you both the best of luck.

- NRS

Comment

help

Hi I'm trying to obtain my birth certificate. I faxed a photocopy of my I.d to the birth records place but I had it for 7 years and now its broken and they wouldn't take it. Now my I.d is expired and I don't what to do. I live in California but I was born in s.c.
                  Please help

Comment

• ccsmod0
                    Super Moderator
                    • May 2007

RE: help

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help in any way we can.

It must be frustrating to reach dead ends when all you're trying to do is get your documents in order. There are several steps you can take to try to get your documents, although without knowing how old you are, some may be more possible than others:

If you are under 18, do you have parents you can get in contact with? It may come down to needing your legal guardian to get this paperwork figured out. If your you are unable to contact your parents or they are unwilling to provide you with what you need, we can offer legal resources to help you if this is the case.

It may also depend on what other identification cards you have on you. Do you have your social security card? If not, you can call 1-800-772-1213 and use their automated services 24/7, or log on to their website at www.ssa.gov to do your own research.

On the matter of your birth certificate, calling the individual state departments may bring you more luck. If you go to www.cdc.gov and click on 'vital records' in the index, you can then find the state in which you were born and contact the appropriate people to replace your birth certificate.

Hopefully this info helps, or at least gives you a head start on how to replace your records. We are always here to help at 1-800-RUNAWAY, and are available 24/7.

Best,

- NRS

Comment

• Unregistered

Birth Cerificate and other ID

If I'm registered missing but over 18, can I order my birth certificate through vitalcheck? I know they flag it in some places and i really don't want to be found yet. Also, what are my options if i don't have a school ID? I heard they might accept an insurance card as proof of identity but i don't know if i can get one because i don't know my ssn.

Comment

• ccsmod5
                        Super Moderator
                        • May 2007

Re: Birth Cerificate and other ID

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out but we're not sure what you're asking about and we aren't knowledgeable on the subject matter. If you're looking for answers to your questions concerning "vitalcheck" can you ask them these questions directly? Or whatever organization/business that will provide the services.

Good luck,
                        NRS

Comment

• Unregistered

my fiance

So my boyfriend has lost his photo id has no birth certificate or a social security card but when we get married hes going to need those things and he was born out of the state that we live now how can we get these? Google dont give the information im looking for!

Comment

• ccsmod13
                            Super Moderator
                            • Apr 2014

RE: my fiance

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. It sounds like you have some questions regarding some identification you will need to file for marriage. Some possibilities you can explore in order to obtain a form of identification you need are contacting a previous legal guardian, case worker, or counselor. Also, you may be able to order transcripts from a previously attended school. You can also inquire to your local county clerk's office in which you were born.

I hope this information is helpful. If we can assist you in any way in the future, feel free to call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org during the hours of 4:30pm-7:30pm. Good luck!

Best,
                            NRS

Comment

• Unregistered

Life if hard for me

I have my birth certificate and some stole my iD i went have got charge with something i didnt do its crazy i try my best to get every thing i need but it not working

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X