X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

I need help.

I am 17 . I turn 18 in December. I want to move in with my boyfriend and his mom in del Valle . My mom hates him. How old do I have to be to choose wear I want to live with out her calling the cops on me and telling them I'm a run away ?

Comment

• ccsmod5
      Super Moderator
      • May 2007

re: I need help

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point in your life and we are glad that you are able to reach out to us. We’re happy that you are able to confide in us and we are sorry for what you are going through.

Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here which means that we would not be able to say what exactly would happen in your state, but we would be able to give you some general information about running away. So, running away is not illegal, it is rather a status offense which means that you are not allowed to do it because you are a minor. Because you are a minor, your parents are still allowed to file a runaway report and typically if you are found, you would be forced to go home. From our understanding, you cannot be arrested unless you are on some sort of parole or probation. Also, in most states you would need to be 18 in order to decide where you would want to live. As I mentioned, we are not legal experts here but if you would like to get accurate information you can always contact your local police department or a legal aid.

Also, please keep in mind that we are here 24/7 and would be more than happy to assist you with whatever it is you decide you want to do. We wish you the best of luck.

Stay strong,

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Working...
      X