My friend is being abused.

Unregistered Guest
    Hello. I am 18 and my friend is 12. She lives in Ohio and I live in New York. My friend has a very long history. She has been adopted by these crazy, heartless people. They tell her to kill herself, hurt herself, they allow her to get bullied at school, they physically and verbally abuse her, and they lock her outside for periods of time. Her father disabled her phone so she can't call anyone. She has called the police and no luck was found. I don't know what to do and I really need to find a way to help her. Please help.

RE: My friend is being abused.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you care about your friend so much and you are being a great friend by reaching out for help. Your friend does not deserve to be abused or treated so terribly. What her adopted family is doing is illegal and she has a right to get help. Calling the police can be a good step to take, however reporting child abuse to Child Protective Services might be a good way for her to get help. You could even make a report on her behalf since she is unable to use her phone. The Ohio Child Abuse Hotline number is 1-855-642-4453, you can call any time to report what is happening to your friend. Another helpful resource is Child Help USA, a national child abuse crisis line. You can call them at 1-800-422-4453. Once reported, CPS may open an investigation to determine if the home is unsafe. She can also call us and we can help her make a report, or chat with us online. We are happy to go over all her options and help her figure out what to do next. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. Please donít hesitate to give us a call if you need to talk. We are looking forward to hearing from you or your friend, and we wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think