+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: i want to run away, but i dont know when or where i'll go?

Anonymous

i want to run away, but i dont know when or where i'll go?

i'm in fifth grade and i just don't think i belong in my family. i don't talk to any of my family because they all hate me & i hate them. nobody understand me. i get called emo and bipolar at school, and i get teased bcos i'm ugly. my dad abused my mom twice infront of me, once when i was 4 when i first met him & august of 2010 he pushed her down the stairs and i always have to go to court because he said he didn't go anything. i'll call myself .. bob. my mom doesn't care about anything i say. she will just sigh, roll her eyes, and be like "whatever bobbbbb i dont care." she yells at me for everything. i'll walk up to her and be like "mom," and she will be like "WHAAAT -.- " and i hate it. i cry every night and think about how basically none of my family wanted me to be born. my sister wished for me to never be born and my grandpa said he was embaressed when my mom was pregnant with me. my auntie told my mom to get an abortion, too. i feel like i don't fit in with my family because i had a big italian family that did like .. everything together and barely made mistakes but i do. i hhave cut myself before because i was mad. i always think about what would happen if i commit suicide & how everyone would be happy. i even made plans to run away this summer. i ran away three times. once when i was 4, once when i was 7, and once 10. all because my mom. know what my mom did? the first time when i was 4 she just yelled at me, 7 she smacked me, and 10 she called the police. why smack someone that runs away if thats the REASON they ran away like wtf. my mom yelled at me yesterday for starving myself but i only did because im 100 pounds and everyone else in my class is like 60 - 70 pounds. if i run away, i want to do it after i go to camp etc but i don't know where to go & my mom WILL call the police.

Super Moderator
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and we’re glad that you chose to reach out to us for assistance. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we are completely confidential and anonymous.

You started out by saying that you don’t feel you belong to your family and that you hate them. It sounds like you also have some difficulties in school because of the way people treat you. We’re sorry to hear that people don’t understand you and that they call you names because of it. Nobody deserves to feel that way; everyone has the right to feel safe.

It sounds like you have a tough relationship with your parents. You mentioned that your dad has abused your mom in front of you twice. How did it make you feel to see that? You also said that your mom doesn’t care about what you say. We’re really sorry to hear that all of this is going on between you and your family; it sounds like a very frustrating situation for you.

You mentioned that you had cut yourself before and that you have thought about everyone’s reactions if you were to commit suicide. Is this something that you have thought about doing? If so, you can contact the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They are available 24 hours a day and can talk to you when you start to feel upset.

It sounds like you are now thinking about running away while at camp this summer but you aren’t sure where to go. One thing that we can do at the National Runaway Switchboard is try to locate a safe place for you, such as a shelter. We can also discuss what other options you may have available to you. You said that if you run away, your mom will call the police; have you ever talked to her about what you were feeling? Have you talked to anyone about what’s going on at home?

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck. Remember, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-786-2929.

~NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 01-15-2013 at 06:48 AM.

sandy97

I want to run away from home but I don't know where to go

My family treat me like I'm an animal , when ever I want to talk to them they don't listen to me like I'm talking to the wall , my sister only talks to me if she wants something from me, my brothers course me if I talk to them , My parents always beat me up , they let their friends course me and laugh at it , I always at night go to my bed and cry so hard , 3 times I tried to end my life , the first time i tried to cut my hand , the second time the same but it wasn't cutten, the third time i drink hand soup wash , some sprays and other stuff but i didn't die all that because I have an eye side , I was looking on the internet how and where to go if I run away but I didn't find any , they beat me up and course me like its a game they don't feel , and i can't replay back if they course me or beat me up ,, can anyone please help me , I want to run away
    Last edited by ccsmod5; 09-18-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: we removed the name to remain confidential.

Super Moderator
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard during this difficult time. We are a confidential and anonymous hotline that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). It can be very hard to reach out to people when you need help and weíre glad that you have contacted us for further assistance.

We are sorry to hear that things are so tough for you right now. It sounds like your family is really tough on you; nobody deserves to be in an unsafe situation. You mentioned that your brotherís curse at you and your parents beat you up, have you ever told anyone else about this? If so, what have they said or done to help you? One option that you have is to file a report with Child Protective Services; you can call us here and we can also help you to do that. There are also two other hotlines that can help answer any questions you may have about abuse or what your legal rights are. One of them is called Justice for Children (1-800-733-0059) and the other is called Child Help USA (1-800-422-4453).

You mentioned that you had tried to commit suicide on three separate occasions. We are so sorry to hear that and we think you are very brave to tell us about that. Have you ever felt that way before? If you ever feel that way again, you can call us here to talk with someone. There is also the National Suicide Hotline where you can talk about what is going on and how you are feeling; there phone number is 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They are also available 24 hours a day.

You said that you were thinking about running away but didnít know where to go. What does running away look like for you? If you were to leave, your parents may have the right to file a runaway report with the police, depending on how old you are. Running away isnít illegal but it is considered a status offense; that means you canít do it because you are under 17 but if the police find you, they will return you home. But, if you were to tell them about what was going on at home, they may be able to help you find a safe place to go.

We can also try to help you find a safe place to go, such as a shelter. We can also call shelters and help advocate for you by asking if they have a bed available and what there procedures are about contacting your parents. Again, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS

Unregistered

Where do I go

I've packed and I'm ready to go..I just don't know where to go..I'm scared if I sleep on the streets something bad will happen to me but if i couch surf my friends parents could get in trouble..

Super Moderator

RE: I want to run away, but I dont know when or where I'll go?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. We imagine how scary it may seem when you do not have a plan of action. We are here to help. We are concerned for your safety also. You made an excellent point about remaining safe and the options that may not be available to you out there. We have a database with resources such as shelters. Once you are offered these referrals we give to you, if you were to call us, we can call with you to advocate on your behalf. Our number is 1800RUNAWAY (1800-786-2929). We are confidential and anonymous.

It sounds like you are ready to go. Do you have a plan? How will you survive after couch surfing? We cannot guarantee what you have in place may work but it sounds like you are confident with certain things you have going so far. We want to help you make a proper plan knowing that certain things may work and some may not. We are not in a position to tell you what to do but we can explore appropriate options such as transitional living programs or permanent housing depending on your age.

As we explore options with you, we want to make sure what you have come up with is your plan and can work for you. We hope to hear from you soon and that you can remain safe. If you were to leave, please hold on to our number just in case you need us. We are here also if you need to call from home to vent. All of our liners are trained the same way to help you figure this out. Good luck.

-NRS
    Last edited by ccsmod8; 12-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Unregistered

Help

I don't even know what to do anymore my family hates me and I'm just sick of everyone putting me down. I am 15 years old and I'm the oldest out of 3 kids. My Parents just don't seem to have time for me and they just keep me stuck in my house everyday. I have no where to go. My mom works all day everyday an my dad is him but he sleeps for hours. The only thing i do is go to schoo and ride the bus home and that's where I'm at the rest of the day. Nobody here understands that I'm 15 and need to stay exploring the city I live in and start hanging out with my friends at a last minute notice! All I know is my house, I don't know the trailer park that's I've lied in since I was 5 and I sure don't know the city. I just want my family to understand that sooner or later they are going to regret not letting me do anything because runaway would be my only other opinion. But I wouldnt need to worry about anything because my friend Matt will be joinin me. We both basically have the same situation only his is worse. Me and him made a packed that if either of us decided to run away forsure that no matter what we would go with eachother and just leave. Me and him are already saving up money to leave. It won't be another couple months though until we would have enough. I have tried to talk to my mom so many times about my unhappiness and she pretends like she cares then forgets about it and does nothing to change the fact that I am so unhappy. I've even went as far as telling my grandma(which I would get into so much trouble for if my parents knew) I told my grandma that I would lie to come live with her and how depressed I am. She just tells me that it will blow over and that my parents wouldn't allow my grandma to take me. I just need to get out of this place and go somewhere where I can make something of myself. Do you have any idea of where I could go to run away I live
    In Michigan and its legal for me to runaway here. Or so I've read. Anyway please help me!

Super Moderator

RE: Help

Hey,

Thanks for contacting us on the bulletin boards. Sounds things are beyond frustrating and like you've made the decision to leave. That's a pretty bold and big decision.

It's good to hear that if you do leave home you'll be with someone you know. How well do you know this friend? Do you trust them? You said you wouldn't need to worry about leaving because your friend would be with you...if he wasn't going to be with you, what kinds of things would you have to worry about? What are the dangers of running away? What kinds of things do you think you'll encounter?

Running away from home can be pretty serious and dangerous. A lot of the time people dont have a safe place to stay, food to eat or health care. Sometimes people have money to help them along the way. Do you have any money that you're planning on taking with you? How long do you think that'd last?

If you wanted to be safe, sometimes there are shelters for young people and runaways btu those shelters have an obligation to tell authorities that there is a minor there.

As far as laws with running from home in Michigan, if someone leaves home without permission and they are under the age of 18, the parents can make a runaway report on that person and most times police can be involved.

If you would like to explore this some more, you are welcome to call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're anonymous, confidential and available 24 hours a day. We can talk about what things might be available to you in Michigan. You are also invited to contact us via our live chat service where you can chat with someone online between 430p-1130p CST.

Best of luck. Hope to hear from you soon.
    NRS

Unregistered

I want to get away, but no where to go

I've been through a horrible break up that left me physically hurting myself. I haven't talk to any of my friends about this because they are too young to understand. I have cut myself, but I also have been starving myself. My mom made me start seeing a therapist, but it's not helping at all.

All I want to do is to get away from everything, but I don't know where to go.

Super Moderator

Re: I want to run away, but i dont know when or where i'll go?

Hi there,
    Thanks so much for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Switchboard. It takes a lot of courage to share your story and we're very glad that you were able to come here. It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot and are having a difficult time dealing with everything going on. Break ups cans be really stressful and hard to get through.
    It sounds like your mom has tried one avenue to reach out for help on your behalf, and unfortunately that may not be the route to best help you. Are there any other thoughts that you have about what you may need right now? Sometimes just a small break away from the everyday routine is something that greatly reduces stress and gives you some air to keep moving forward. Have you been able to talk to your mom about the therapist not going anywhere for you? Is it possible that the two of you could talk about any other ideas to help?
    Self- injury can definitely be a serious way to cope. Are there any particular feelings you experience that make you want to self injure? And if you recognize what some of those might be, do you feel like theres any other ways to let those feelings out? It's not an easy thing to go through but there is help available. If you can call 1-800-DONTCUT they may be able to help you out a lot.
    We would definitely like to help you as much as we can. If you can contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY where we are 24/7, anonymous, and confidential we can talk with you more about whats going on, help you with whatever options you would like and try to come up with a safe plan you are comfortable with. We will not try to make any decisions for you but are here to help you with your goals.
    We really do want to hear from you so we can continue talking with you more in depth about how you are feeling. What you are going through is valid and we will really try to help you. Please contact us soon through phone or through chat which is available from 4:30-11:30pm CST. We will be here when you feel you can reach out.
    We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck,
    NRS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast